jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Can I make a suggestion for HP's?

1. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

I was wondering if there would be a way for you to link the poetry options (haiku, lyrical, epic, etc.) to a definition of that particular style of poetry. Maybe wiki or something similar? When you don't set out to write a specific type of poetry, you have to figure out what style's definition best fits the poem you've written and linking each word option to its definition would be a huge time saver.
    Thanks smile

1. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The very word 'poetry' causes paralysis in many but you could try this post in 'suggest a new feature'.

At least you will get a mod telling you 'the very word 'poetry' causes paralysis'.

2. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Beth, I'm not sure what you mean, maybe I missed it, but each section of poetry type has a detailed definition above each group of poem hubs in the topic section. Does that help?

1. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I see what you mean, now. But I think it still helps to check those definitions to see where your piece fits. I also recommend, "The Making of a Poem: A Norton Anthology of Poetic Forms" by Mark Strand and Eavan Boland.