jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Hubscore dropped dramatically and won't go back up

1. hankfreid profile image61
    hankfreidposted 3 years ago

I had published 3 hubs which helped boost my hubscore to 74. I unpublished all three for a short while to make some changes, but then my hubscore plummeted to the 40's. I have since republished all three, but my score remains in the 40's...will my score eventually go back up or not?

1. CroftRoan profile image87
      CroftRoanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's happened to me when I took a couple days off using my computer. I recommend encouraging people to read those hubs and reading some other peoples hubs as well. Getting involved in HubPages community usually works in bringing your score back up. Good luck!

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You have to remember to put a quarter in the slot over there on the left of your monitor every so often. smile  Haha!

It will climb back up....no worries.

2. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 3 years ago

Yes, it will go back up just give it time. But don't unpublish just to change your hubs. Simply click the edit button either next to the hub title on your accounts page or at the top of the hub itself.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well said, To Start Again.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

It is a waiting game... and all of the best stuff comes gradually.  Welcome to HP. Give it some time to simmer. Looks like your have some interesting stuff to say.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had not noticed your 100. Great to see you there and congrats!!!

4. peachpurple profile image78
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

don't worry, your hubscore will climb up again. As "To start Again" had mentioned, don't unpublish your hubs. Just do some editing and press "done editing" Your hub will be publish again. Just give 1 week to see the difference. Good luck!

5. srsddn profile image88
    srsddnposted 3 years ago

It happened to me also though the drop was not so drastic. But it came up automatically over a period and even improved further. So patience is the only answer to such a situation.

6. Jennifer Suchey profile image89
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago

I was also going to say to avoid unpublishing your hubs to edit them. The longer they are online with the same URL they gain momentum and move up in google rankings. But no worries. Your hub score will rise once again.

7. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

There is now a magic starting number of five hubs.  I suspect that deleting your hubs took you under it and it will stay down until you have 5 featured hubs..