jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Rising Star Nominees and Promising Topics 6/7

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago

This week’s Rising Star nominees can be found on the following Topic Pages:

1. Home
    2. Games, Toys, and Hobbies
    3. Politics and Social Issues

Be sure to stop by each one and vote for your favorites! It’s a great way to support promising new talent in our community.

We also recommend considering the following new Topic Pages when composing Hubs this week:

1. Microsoft Word
    2. History of Japan
    3. Digital SLR Cameras
    4. Latin American History
    5. Nikon Digital Cameras

Because the pages contain relatively few Hubs, any Hub published within these categories (be sure, of course, that it is truly related) is more likely to be prominently featured. History of Japan has not yet reached the threshold of 5 or more featured Hubs, which is why it does not have a link. When that threshold is reached, a Topic Page will automatically be created, giving all its featured Hubs very high visibility on that Topic Page.

Should you be interested in writing on one of these new Topics with a bunch of friends, we recommend making a Hub Challenge of it! For more ideas on doing so, stop by our Learning Center entry on Hub Challenges.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years ago

No "History of Japan" link yet! I took a lot of Japanese culture classes, so maybe I can come up with one Hub. I bet a whole lot of other Hubbers out there have visited Japan, served with the armed forces there, or have some good information about the history. Maybe we will see that link this week!

Thanks for the topics, Christy!

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great idea, Patty!  Japan is hugely popular for travel, and also for industry - that would make a great topic.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've actually written a couple Japanese history Hubs myself, so that Topic was particularly fun for me to create! big_smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Cool! I read the Hub about friendship dolls and enjoyed it.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Neat!

working