jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Updating Hubs

1. PHILLYDREAMER profile image86
    PHILLYDREAMERposted 3 years ago

I've reached almost the halfway point with updating my Hubs to get them featured again.  In most cases I made minor adjustments like changing the title and adding my own cheesy artwork.  So far, every Hub I tweaked has gotten featured, but it's going to be a long process.  I am seeing a bit more Google traffic, but not much.  Is anyone else having any success with updating their Hubs?

2. btrbell profile image88
    btrbellposted 3 years ago

Yes, it definitely pays off! I try to check my hub status consistently and update where necessary. I have also found that by doing this, I can make other corrections or changes where necessary!

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Updating hubs is a great idea, but any tweak will make the hub featured again, at least temporarily.  Over time, it becomes unfeatured again.

To really help with traffic, it is more important to make changes that will really make your hub better, not just different from before.  I recommend going through the Learning Center articles and see what kinds of changes will help your hub.

Changing the title to something that is more search friendly.
    Correcting grammar and formatting issues that will turn off the reader.
    Provide high quality engaging information that is not available elsewhere online.
    Compare the hub with its competition and see what you can provide that others do not.

4. MaeMG profile image86
    MaeMGposted 3 years ago

I feel you on that. I have one post that was outright denied to be featured (which is a shame, because the other two installments of the story were featured) and few posts that are in the process of being unfeatured (I believe -- it's the one with the circle with a half a side shaded in). It's a bit discouraging at first.

Some of them I really can't change, because it's a story with a short length or a poem. I may eventually move most of creative writing that's unfeatured to my website, but still continue to post my stories and poems until they get unfeatured.  I'm still looking over the articles about improving your hubs to get them featured and such. I may hop ship though for creative writing eventually and just keep my informative articles on here.

I'd love to hear how your improvements to get your work re-featured worked out. Maybe there is hope lol.

1. PHILLYDREAMER profile image86
      PHILLYDREAMERposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Most of it was using Cardisa'a article for SEO on creative writing.  Changing to a more search friendly title helps a bit.  I've looked on my Google Analytics to see how my work was being found, then I used Adwords to find the best keywords for the title.  I think using my own pics is helping as well.  Another thing you can try that I think helps a bunch is to record yourself reciting the poetry, then make a Youtube slideshow with your vocals.

1. MaeMG profile image86
        MaeMGposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ooh! I like that idea about reciting my poetry and making a youtube slideshow with my vocals. I'll be going through my work as well about maybe changing titles if I can. I noticed that on some of my hubs I didn't put a summary either. Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely keep that in mind when going through them.

2. To Start Again profile image83
      To Start Againposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have several poems and when QAP started, they weren't featured so I did some minor tweaking. I made sure they each had a picture at the top and links within the hub. I also added videos and ebay capsules to the ones that were still being troublesome. I also did a little editing to the poem itself just to up the quality of the work as well. It worked for me so it would probably work for your stories as well. Another tip would be to group several small poems together in one hub and separated them in their own capsules. Honestly, coming across some of the really short poems on here-especially the four or five line ones with nothing else in the hub is annoying and makes me not even want to read it. Just add more substance to your hubs and that should help them get featured smile

5. Barbara Kay profile image84
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

I've just been moving mine to one of my own websites. Later on I might be sorry, but for right now I figure they are just bringing down my other hubs.

Instead, I am working on my hubs that are featured. It does seem to help the traffic.