jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Sharing Hubs

1. 0
    Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago

I'm not complaining at all, however, it would be nice to be notified if someone links your hub to theirs.  That way you know where it is going.  Am I right or wrong?  Just like with photographs and getting permissive use, isn't this the same thing?

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Links help you get better Google rankings. I sure wouldn't complain if someone linked to my hubs.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

I don't think it is the same thing.  If I read a book and talk to a friend about it, I don't have to tell the author that I talked about their book.  That's the same if I write a book review - I can talk about the book all I want, even link to the author's website without getting their permission.

I would love to know when someone links my hub to theirs, but they definitely don't have to tell me.  I appreciate the fact that they linked my hub in the first place. They are already going above and beyond just linking my hub, and I can't require them to go even above and beyond that.

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

They're sending YOU free traffic, they're not taking anything from you. In which case you should be grateful. smile

1. livewithrichard profile image87
      livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unless they are shared on a hub titled "The Top Crappiest Hubs of All Time".  smile

Really, it doesn't bother me and if I get any significant traffic from the link, the referral will appear in my stats.

2. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I always ask before I link to another Hub.  The problem I have run into (and it certainly is no big problem) is that if that other Hubs gets deleted or taken down, then I'll have a broken link to repair.
      I am complimented if someone want to link to my work.