jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Featured one day and unfeatured the next

1. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

I'm starting to feel like a yo yo with my hubs featured one day then unfeatured the next.  Tomorrow they will be featured again.  WTH  Is anyone else experiencing this irregularity?  I wish someone would make up their minds.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've got one that does that constantly, and few more that do it occasionally.  All are very low SE traffic.  They are apparently right on the line where a varying hubber score coupled with daily traffic changes will push them in and out of being featured - something that I suppose is inevitable.

Most I will tweak and try to stop that, but if I can't I just delete them.  A hub that can't garner traffic is useless to me, with a few exceptions.

1. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Wilderness.  I agree, but some of them are getting regular traffic.  It's just wierd they are unpublished then published the next day.   I started tweeking last night and hopefully that will fix the issue.  The ones that are not getting traffic I'm deleting and completely redoing. 

Oh hey, guess what, I got my own by line on a publishers website.  I've been working with Fiverr and can hardly keep up with the work.  This guy is one of my repeat customers and offered me the gig and I get paid for it.  Things are looking up for me I knew they would eventually but it sure has been a long haul!  Maybe I'll write my book afterall.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've learned to look not at traffic, but SE traffic.  Apparently that's what HP has based their algorithm on, and I do find that the hubs being unfeatured all have very low SE traffic.  As in under 1 per day average. 

That's really great news!  A high five from both of us here, and hoping it continues.  You're right - given time and effort, not giving up, and it was only a matter of time.  So pleased to hear about it.

1. profile image0
            Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Wilderness.  It's just not in me to quit.

2. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

I have noticed a Hub I recently published was unfeatured but after a few days became featured.

Maybe there is a setting on Hubs that are unfeatured, that changes them to featured when they have good traffic. #Guessing.

1. Peggy W profile image90
      Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I also had one that was not featured and without my doing anything it became once again featured.  When I have the time I address the ones that become unfeatured and try and tweek them.  Sometimes I just let them reside there awhile and simmer.

working