jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)

I just made my first 7¢! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Jennifer Suchey profile image90
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago

I remember reading an article several months about making money monetizing your blog. The author described his story of wondering if this could actually be done, learning about it and how he slowly progressed to some pretty decent monthly earnings. I remember him talking about how excited he was when he made his first 11¢ and how he called his mom and told her. As I have actually delved into this world of monetization, I have wondered when I was going to be able to say I made "something cents" and what that "something" would be.

So now I know. Today is that day and the something is 7¢.

I MADE MY FIRST 7¢!!!!

I've had Amazon Affiliates working since March when I put up my first and only hub. A few weeks ago I worked hard to put up about 9 more over the course of a week or so. I've been revamping my blog since then and getting more quality content on there, and just got my AdSense working yesterday both on my blog and HP. I just went to look at my earnings, not expecting to see anything, but in fact, I DID! I DID see something. saw $0.07! big_smile

1. susi10 profile image92
      susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wow, well done Jennifer! I am so happy for you! smile That's really good news, perhaps an inspiration for new hubbers. Keep writing awesome hubs and your earnings will increase!

2. Kathryn Stratford profile image89
      Kathryn Stratfordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congrats! It's always nice when you start to see the change add up! It increases over time, and I heard that once you get the first payout, it accumulates a lot faster. That is encouraging.
      I checked out your articles. You have an interesting array! Keep it up, and you should do very well.

Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much Kathryn.

3. modernalchemyst profile image93
      modernalchemystposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congrats! smile Those first earnings are so exciting!

4. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations.  It does add up after a while.  Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged

5. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was excited too when I earned my first money. The memory put a smile on my face. Congratulations!

6. Jennifer Suchey profile image90

Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes everyone.  One of the best things about this is I really enjoy doing it. It will take some time and hard work to accumulate anything substantial, but the other day when I finished creating a post for my site, complete with photos, I felt such joy in the accomplishment of creating it. I just smiled and thought, "How fun that I get to do this." big_smile They say to do what you love . . . so that's what I'm doing. Good thing hubby makes the real income so I can have fun making my 7¢ at a time. wink

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

With this attitude you will probably do well. Maybe not earning tons of money-- most of us don't, but we still find  lots of other values here. The earnings are the frosting on the cake-- maybe not too substantial, but very sweet.
        Some people have gotten seriously in to the swing of things and devoted the time and hard work to make it as profitable as many full time jobs.
        Do what feels right for you, it's always good if your ae enyoying it.
        Welcome to HubPages.

7. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations Jennifer. You are off to a great start!  Wish you many more of those 7 cents!

8. rwhidbee profile image74
      rwhidbeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nice job, congratulations.

2. SoundNFury profile image84
    SoundNFuryposted 3 years ago

Congratulations!  It all has to start somewhere, right?  smile

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Early beginnings Jennifer, congratulations and may you earn many more

3. Writer Fox profile image80
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Good for you!

4. ComfortB profile image84
    ComfortBposted 3 years ago

Good job Jennifer. Congrats!!! Pretty soon the 7¢ will have a trail of zeros behind it. smile

Looking forward to them zeros. smile

5. KDeus profile image95
    KDeusposted 3 years ago

Congratulations! Those first earnings are really exciting! Keep writing and it will keep building up!

6. myefforts profile image85
    myeffortsposted 3 years ago

Congratulations Jennifer! It's same here. I joined HP at the start of my, wrote some hubs, just got the first 2¢ yesterday. I can imagine how it feels to start off...Wish you much more coming ahead..

7. ossmedia profile image61
    ossmediaposted 3 years ago

8. MindExplorer1 profile image60
    MindExplorer1posted 3 years ago

Congrats, I mean, do we need screenshots? *cough*

9. Maricarmjolo profile image85
    Maricarmjoloposted 3 years ago

That's great.. Remember you will not have a dollar if you don't have those cents big_smile

10. Ceres Schwarz profile image14
    Ceres Schwarzposted 3 years ago

Congratulations smile. That's really great.

11. Blond Logic profile image90
    Blond Logicposted 3 years ago

It's a great feeling, isn't it! Now you are on your way, congratulations.

12. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

It was only a few months ago I made my first spare change and I couldn't have been more excited. I don't know when it will become "spendable" but until then, it still feels good.