jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Making My Photo Appear in Google Search Results

1. Aplethora23 profile image82
    Aplethora23posted 3 years ago

How easy is it - Or how Un Easy is it to get my photo to appear next to my article description in the Google Search Results? Has anybody had success with this mission?

2. Maricarmjolo profile image85
    Maricarmjoloposted 3 years ago

Go have a google authorship. You need to have first a Google+ account. Then link your google+ account to your hub content then vice versa..

Aplethora23posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes that much is complete
      Thank you. I did confirm that I am the author of my Hubs. One of them in particular shows up on the very first page on a Google search but there is no picture next to it. My recipe is directly below a few similar recipes but they include photos and mine only shows the 5 stars in the little spot where the photo should be. Dots it take a while for the pic to show or am I just doing it wrong?

3. Maricarmjolo profile image85

It takes a while.. I think weeks if I'm not mistaken.

4. Maricarmjolo profile image85

You can use the Google Structured Data Testing Tool to see if you have your authorship working. But for the meantime you have to wait till it appears when you search it in google.

Ok. Thank you for helping and letting me know.  I have definitely learned how to practice patience quite well here at Hub Pages smile

1. Tim Chirillo profile image60
        Tim Chirilloposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just successfully did that yesterday, the google authorship thing. There is a really good hub on here about the subject, that is how I did it. Just search for it

Ok thank you Tim I will take a look at your Hub. I actually just noticed that there is indeed a photo for some now and not others. I wonder why that is, and I can't help but wonder if the photo less ones are taking longer or if they need something extra done to them. Also,  if traffic to certain hubs goes down, causing a hub to be in-house featured, will the picture go away as well?

Sorry. Typo. If traffic to a hub decreases,  causing a hub to become un featured, does its picture dissapear from the search results as well?

2. Tim Chirillo profile image60
            Tim Chirilloposted 3 years ago in reply to this

it was not my hub, another hub on this site.. Seach for google authorship. You can even test it via google webmaster tools to make sure it works

Oh alright. I'll be looking for it. Thanks again..

2. Maricarmjolo profile image85
        Maricarmjoloposted 3 years ago in reply to this

you are very much welcome.. and good luck

working