jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

CPM nosedive

1. SoundNFury profile image85
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

Ouch.  Yesterday's CPM took a massive hit.  I think it is the lowest I have ever seen it go since I've been on Hubpages. 
    http://i.imgflip.com/1xip3.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Summers are not the best of times when it comes to traffic and CPM's. However, my intuition tells me this summer is going to be better than last summer. I don't know why I think that. That's why I'm blaming it on intuition.

3. SoundNFury profile image85
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

well I definitely hope you're right smile This will really be my first summer in the earnings program.

4. peachpurple profile image78
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

how do i know my CPM? Is it locate at the account page?

SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

if you go into your "earnings" and select "ad program" from the drop-down menus, it will show you the CPM you're getting daily.

1. Will Apse profile image91
        Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

'Bout the same as this week last year, for me.

2. peachpurple profile image78
        peachpurpleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I went to "my account" and saw Hub Earning Program: $x.xx and then saw All Programs earnings that include Ebay and Amazon and HP. So, under the HP column 0.20 cents is the earning for the day, right? Where is the CPM? Sorry, I am kinda blurr in this case

go to "Earnings" then click "Ad Program Reports" (in blue).  The CPM is listed for each day in the bottom half of the page in a column.

1. peachpurple profile image78
            peachpurpleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thanks. I found it. Is impression same as pageview? I know that pageview means the number of people visited my hub per day but what about impressions?

1. Good Guy profile image93
              Good Guyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Pageview is the total views.  Impression is the pageview that you are earning from.  Eg, 1000 pageviews means actual total number, and your impression should be 600 which earns you the money.  The balance 400 earned by HP.

5. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure what's considered good CPM, therefore, I have nothing by which to measure a nosedive. Examples please?

well, mine usually averages about $5-$6 and this week it went as low as $2.  It fluctuates every day and I'm not sure what causes the deferentials.

2. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, I see now. The measure is made by comparing my own. Mine are fine, no major changes or nosedives, only slight increases.

3. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

mine is averaging between $4.50 and $5.50, give or take. I wish I could see that one time hit of $11.40 back in September 2012.

6. cornwall_UK profile image85
    cornwall_UKposted 4 years ago

Just checked, this week 20% down on same week last year.

Tue, Sep 11, 2012 was $12.85 .... oh to have that as a permanent CPM and to get 10,000 views every day smile ... instead of 10.

working