jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Will creating photo albums mess up already embedded pictures?

1. PaigePixel profile image93
    PaigePixelposted 3 years ago

I looked around and didn't see this question anywhere- apologies if it's already been answered.

I'm pretty new here, and just jumped into the water and started splashing around. I use a lot of my own photos in the Hubs, and the situation is starting to get very messy.

Finding out that they can be sorted into albums sounds like a lifesaver, but what about the photos already uploaded? Will those addresses be automatically updated or have to be manually changed?

Thank you!

Paige

2. To Start Again profile image86
    To Start Againposted 3 years ago

If you go to My Account-->Photos,  you will see all of the photos you have uploaded. If you hover over each, you will see where you can put each in a photo album and write a description as well as delete,use as your profile or use in a new hub. This won't change anything on the hubs you already have, it just groups them for you.

I honestly haven't found any benefit to grouping them into albums, personally. I've done it to all of my photos and it doesn't let me search for an album. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But anyhow, it shouldn't affect anything if you group them into albums.

1. PaigePixel profile image93
      PaigePixelposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I went ahead and gave it a shot, and you're right- it doesn't help much. I was thinking that when choosing photos to put in hubs you could choose which album to select them from...nope.

There are a couple of graphics that I'm using repeatedly, and it would have been nice to be able to pull them up quickly.

Thanks for the reply, regardless!

1. Michael Willis profile image76
        Michael Willisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unless HP has made a change I am unaware of...if you use a picture repeatedly, you can only use one size! If you change the size in any hub from photo album, it will change ALL pictures across all hubs where this image was used.
        This is why I upload the picture every time I use it, whether 1,2,or even more times.

1. To Start Again profile image86
          To Start Againposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh! I'm glad you mentioned that! I've not changed any of the sizes of mine but it's good to know what could happen if I do yikes  Thanks for sharing this!

2. PaigePixel profile image93
          PaigePixelposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good to know, Michael, thank you! The ones I've done so far haven't needed to be resized, I was just  trying not to clutter up the photo file...don't ask me why. Perhaps it's just my OCD acting up, but it sounds like it's going to be safer to just redo them. smile

working