jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Moving Amazon Capsule

1. evamaries profile image60
    evamariesposted 3 years ago

Greetings All:  I have been having trouble with my Amazon capsule.  I've gotten great answers from people on what to do but it is not working.  I added the capsule and it ended up at the bottom of the hub.  I cannot move it up where people will see it.  I was told that there is a clean up icon but I can't find it.  I did find the edit and up and down arrows.  But the up arrow moved it  at the top of the text.  I just want it to come at the end but not so far down.  Nothing seems to be working.  Any help is great.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
      mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't know what other answers you got, but generally you hover the cursor over the spot in the hub where you want the capsule to be inserted and click on the option for the type of capsule you require (text, image, Amazon etc). If you have added the capsule from the right hand side of your screen then it will automatically go to the bottom of your hub, and you will need to either physically find it at the bottom of the page in edit mode and use the 'up' arrow on the top of the capsule to move it up the hub one click at a time until it is where you want it to appear, or alternatively go to the right of your hub where all your capsules are listed, find the one you want to move, click on it and 'drag' it up the list until it is where you want it to appear and then release the click to drop it into that position.

Should add that pictures can make using the 'up' or 'down' arrows appear more complicated as the capsule can appear to move all over the place or shove the pictures etc into what appears to be the wrong layout. Basically clicking the arrow again will result in the capsule skipping above the image and putting the image back where you intended it to be (sounds complex, but you will see what I mean if you try it in practice).

Hope this helps.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi evamaries,

If you want to include your capsule in the middle of your text, you'll have to make sure the text itself is broken up between multiple text capsules. If you have one big capsule of text, you won't be able to rearrange other capsules within it. I recommend breaking up your text in a different text capsule for each paragraph, with descriptive subtitles for each.

2. Carola Finch profile image97
    Carola Finchposted 3 years ago

I find it easier to use the tool on the upper right hand of the hub in edit mode,  the tool shows the first sentence of the capsules (most of the time) as bars and the type. I look for the Amazon capsule and move it where I want it with the tool .Then scroll down to see how it looks. It is pretty nifty.

3. Carola Finch profile image97
    Carola Finchposted 3 years ago

Should add that left click on the bar with my mouse and  hold down the mouse to move it.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
      mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Agree this is an easy way (I also mentioned it in my comment), but even easier still is to hover your cursor between the actual capsules on your screen and simply click on the type of capsule you want to insert there, and 'hey presto' it is in exactly the spot you want it without the need for any clicking and dragging. This option came a long time after the 'click and drag' one, and I guess this was because it made it easier to create capsules in the exact places you wanted them smile

4. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

If you want to move the Amazon capsule to a different position within the hub from where it currently sits the best thing to do would be to go the right side of the hub page (when hub is in edit mode) where it shows all the capsules that the hub currently has, click on the one that says amazon and while keeping the mouse button clicked drag it up to where you want it to go.