jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Help with getting paid on hub pages

1. Bubbawubba profile image60
    Bubbawubbaposted 3 years ago via iphone

I have just started writing on hub pages and I have two hubs my username is bubbawubba and my hubs are about parenting
    I have had 91 page views for one hub and 7 for my latest hub I was just wondering how many page views until one of my ads gets clicked on based on your personal experience also when did you start making money and how much and how?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The HubPages Terms of Use user agreement states under "Payment" at http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement

"You acknowledge and agree that You will not publicly disclose Your payments or Earned Balance (including any subcomponents thereof) from the HubPages Earnings Program without prior written consent of HubPages."

What I can say is that I accumulated earnings my first month, but I had 20 Hubs, and did not meet payout threshold for a few months of 20 Hubs each. With only two Hubs, I have no idea how long or how many clicks it will take and maybe someone else can speak to that, without divulging earnings.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

If you are using the HP ad program, you won't know about clicks (you get paid per view, not per click). No matter which form of advertising you use though, you can generally expect between $2-$5 per 1,000 views.

3. Bubbawubba profile image60
    Bubbawubbaposted 3 years ago via iphone

Thanks for your reply I guess I was just asking if it is possible to make some money and how long or how many posts until you do
    Also is there a better topic to post about to receive more views and more money?
    I am just starting and was wondering wether to keep going or not is it worth it?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

smile Learn about writing on low competition, high traffic topics. It is worth it but it's a big learning curve. Check out my hub on newbie mistakes smile

4. 96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago

Hi Bubbawubba,
                                 Welcome to HubPages. The collective wisdom of the community is that it takes new Hubbers on average a year to reach their first payout. Of course, you need to create engaging and well written content to gain the impressions for which you are paid.

I would thoroughly recommend the Learning Center here at HubPages as it contains a large amount of very useful information.

Also, I would not concentrate on traffic to begin with, just concentrate on learning the ropes here, reading some of the excellent material here on HubPages and creating your own excellent Hubs.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I takes new writers as long as it takes them to get the thousands of veiew that, multiplied by their CPM, add up to $50.

Every user can look at their own traffic and CPM to estimate how long that will be.

6. peachpurple profile image79
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

welcome to HP. Firstly, i don't think you could see any earnings with 2 hubs. Secondly, it took me 4 months before i saw my first earning, with 20 hubs. Parenting hubs are potential topics to gain traffic from moms and dads. I am sure you can do well. Best of luck!