jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Hubs Gaining You Profit

1. jonmcclusk profile image60
    jonmccluskposted 3 years ago

Good evening all, almost good morning here, haha. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to post a hub so that it didn't gain any profit for myself? I know I can take the adds off, but will that take away all profit garnishing?

Thanks in advance,
    Jonathan McCloskey

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you don't input your affiliates, all your earnings will go to Hubpages. If you turn off adverts on a hub, no adverts will appear, so no profits for anyone.

jonmccluskposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hm, okay, sounds as though I can't make it so there will be no money garnished at all.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Curious why you'd want that?

Funny, I thought there was a box we could tick to send our earnings to charity.   I can't find it now - either I'm dreaming or I'm thinking about another site!

jonmccluskposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Certain stories I would want to publish in the future are based off of copyrighted material. To garnish any kind of monetary gain from that kind of story is illegal. Basically, I wanted to publish such a story so that my followers could view it here on HubPages and I could legally post it here. However, I will seek an alternative posting measure so as not to step on any toes.

Thank you both for your help, and I apologize Marisa Wright but I cannot recall a button like that being available.

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You don't have to earn a cent off copyright material to make it illegal. You can't use copyright material outside the copyright guidelines in any circumstance.

2. peachpurple profile image76
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

you mean you don't want the earning at all? That is weird...

working