jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I published another hub!! Yeah!!

1. Clinton1998 profile image81
    Clinton1998posted 3 years ago

This hub is about greek myth. Can you please review it and suggest some tips to improve it.
    My hub is; Introduction to Greek Mythology...
    http://clinton1998.hubpages.com/hub/Int … -Mythology

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I completely agree with Janshares about over-promoting your blog and would also add that you need to add images that are legally available for use. Using pictures taken from Google Images without permission of the copyright holder is illegal.  Interesting subject for a hub though - I like it.

Clinton1998posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Can you suggest me a source for free or very cheap photos online? I think I will remove the link to my blog. Thanks!

1. chasmac profile image98
          chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes - Flickr has a free section.
          I think a link to your blog is fine. It's just that you overdid it especially including a poll about the blog. Most people who read the hub won't already have read your blog so it will be a poll that most can't use unless they make a point of going to your blog. I don't think HP will like that.

1. janshares profile image90
            jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1

2. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Congrats on publishing another hub. It's featured so that must mean it's okay, for the most part. However, I'm not sure if it might be bordering on overly self-promotional as you made reference to your blog a few times with links.
    I think your images are pixelated; they appear fuzzy once you've enlarged them.
    Your content is good but maybe add just a little more, maybe from your blog.
    Good job, keep writing. Welcome to HubPages.

Clinton1998posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply. I don't own the image but find them from Google Images ( And I mentioned them in Source). I don't know where to find high resolution images without paying for them.
          I linked the hub to my blog because my hub and blog's subjects are same. And I heard, this was a very good place to back link my hub.
         Thanks for you suggestion.

1. janshares profile image90
        jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're quite welcome. Check out Morgue File, Photo Pin, and Pixabay for images. They come with the attribution links for you to place appropriately under your images.
        Also, get rid of white space in your hubs, in between capsules.

3. peachpurple profile image76
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

you did well my friend. I had read your hub and left my comment. Carry on your well done job

working