Thieves stealing content

1. chef-de-jour profile image94
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

I am very angry this day. Some of my hubs have been stolen and re-published by a common thief who will no doubt sit back and enjoy the rewards. Why can a thief sit back and enjoy their work? Because there's not a thing anyone can do to stop them. DMCAs don't work, copyright doesn't work,complaints don't work, the advertisers aren't bothered because they'll get the clicks anyway and Joe Public just clicks and reads, unaware that the content they read is actually stolen property.

Will a techno wizard please explain to a layman why there is no icon to click with a unique password that will guarantee my original authorship and 'stamp' copyright on my article. Any re-publishing thereafter will be stopped/suspended/deleted automatically.

There must be something that can be done. Why bother to write original material if any old thief can just copy it?

What can we do?

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do like I do. Add comments to their articles that it is stolen and give the correct url so they reach your hub.
      I have also been know to insert a stray sentencein a hub  that says"if you are not reading this on hubpages it was stolen by this author"!
      But watch out. Not long ago i reported a thief on Triond. Now if you click on his name it goes to my profile because of my comments.