Hub started with low score

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. path-finder profile image58
    path-finderposted 10 years ago

I don't know why but the hub that I posted recently started with the lowest score possible, which is 45. I am not sure what the reason it; I mean it is not that bad. Take a look at it yourself.

A new colour in the universe

I have a suspicion that it is due to the use of 'colour' instead of 'color'. Is that possible? anyone clear this point.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

-How long was it in "unpublished" mode. Did you just write and publish in one hit? The scores rise on their own even in unpublished mode.

-It's quite short. Very little content to sink your teeth into. Add another paragraph or two.

-Scores rise with time. Many new hubs start with a low score.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image57
      MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well, I'm guessing you wrote it all at one go and the words "How to" or "5 Ways" or "Top Ten" weren't in the title.

Don't sweat your initial hub score... It really doesn't mean a whole lot mainly because there's not a lot of information going into it. 

Those that sit longer have a higher initial score, certain title words seem to help but that's about it.  Once it starts getting traffic and stabilizes then the hub score will be more accurate....

Still largely meaningless, but more accurate at least.

Oh and Colour vs. Color likely has nothing to do with it. UK and American English are both fine here.

3. Clinton1998 profile image59
      Clinton1998posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I recommend you add another picture, a paragraph and a poll or video. You must have seen the goal bar in top right part, try to check all of them.

2. aa lite profile image86
    aa liteposted 10 years ago

Perhaps they've changed the way initial score is calculated. I had exactly the same thing happen with a hub I published a cpl of days ago. I had never seen a score so low, and I thoughtit was a rather good hub.

Afaik British spelling is acceptable on hp not sure if every rater knows this, but it's unlikely that it's what caused the low scores. Mine has started rising so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

3. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

Some of my hubs which were not publish immediately, maybe i left them hanging for a couple of months ago, the hubscore will definitely drop to the lowest, 42-45. Don't worry. It will pick up in several days. Mine picked up in a week-raised to 72. Don't sweat. Everything will be alright.

4. quiterandom profile image69
    quiterandomposted 10 years ago

All three of mine started at 45. I'm not sure it's a problem.

5. path-finder profile image58
    path-finderposted 10 years ago

The score is getting high as of now; it is at 62 blimey. I suppose it should rise seeing the number of visitors it has received; 15 views in just one day. Maybe the lack of content was the issue. But I am not altogether happy with making the hub long, because I have learned that being short has the advantage that the reader doesn't have to spend much time reading. I don't know why the community is expecting longer hubs.

Let me tell you that I am not 'sweating' over this. Just want to know why it works this way, out of curiosity you can say.

1. chasmac profile image89
      chasmacposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's because search engines tend to rank webpages containing a lot of text higher than those that don't. Their view is that they want to offer the searcher webpages containing the greatest amount of information for their search query. I know how you feel about that. I  have some under-performing hubs with not a lot of text that say exactly what I want them to say. I could probably double the word count with unnecessary and redundant words and phrases and a bit of rambling here and there, but doing that would lower the quality to an unacceptable level in my eyes even if not in theirs.

6. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 10 years ago

I create my hubs first as Word documents and look up all links and photos as a last step in Word. I transfer them to HP only when I've finished writing them, so I usually add the hub in one session. My hubs almost always start with a 45 or 50 because of this method. The hub scores increase rapidly once they're published.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

7. profile image0
    KFushaposted 10 years ago

Don't be discouraged from something as pointless as an automated score. All Hubs begin with a very low score. Mine are usually anywhere between 45 and 55 when they are first published, but the Hub score rapidly increases within 24 hours of publication.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)