RESOLVED: Another Weekend of Broken Hub Stats

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 3 years ago

I can wait for the Stats to be updated next week, as we are going through another weekend with a broken Hub Stats counter; however, when this problem occurs, I notice that Hubbers publish less work.  This is not good for the long term health of HubPages.  Is anything being done as far as a long term solution to this problem?  Instead of taking on new features, such as Paul E recently suggested, perhaps HubPages should get some of their basic features, like Hub Stats counting, working consistently?

1. WalterPoon profile image91
      WalterPoonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Rock. Lately, the atmosphere seems to be less than upbeat, and broken hub stats can do much damage, especially with respect to trust. If HubPages anticipates that the problem cannot be resolved quickly, maybe it could tie its stats to some other services, such as AWStats or Google Analytics, as an interim measure.

2. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Apparently, something "simple" eludes HP staff.  You can not even begin to allow my mind to comprehend that this is such a complicated and complex issue.  I know I can go to Google Analytics to view my stats, but why have a feature here, that many of us use as a quick reference, be so broken all the time?  It is not just about stats such as page views, it includes important information such as broken links that may need to be repaired as well as seeing if one or more of your hubs has actually been un-featured.

This glitch is about as common as the sun rising and setting.

Closed to reply