How to get more traffic?

1. Clinton1998 profile image80
    Clinton1998posted 3 years ago

I know I am new to Hubpages and shouldn't be worrying about the traffic but I really have this question..
    In my Facebook account I don't have any friend who are interested in reading the content I write about so sharing my hub there is out of question. In my Google+ and Twitter account, followers are near to 0 and I am trying to have more followers but it is out of question for now. The niche or topic I can write about is rated I high by people or search engine and I can't grab the concept of SEO in my natural writing, so SEO is out of topic. Hubpage is very strict about spamming.
       My topic (mostly mythology) has very less online groups and in facebook a non-admin's voice is really pressed. I don't have much friends related to online writing as I am not much of a socializing person or a talent person who is followed by people. English is my third language, so my articles can't be so number 1 which eveyone likes.
    So, I am depressed from all of these. So can you give me some tips and suggestions to encourage me and improve my content writing and traffic generating techniques.
    Thanks in advance and sorry if I irritate or bore you.

1. HollieT profile image88
      HollieTposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Some people appear to do very well from social media, personally, I don't rate it as traffic generator; brings a burst of traffic for a short period.

You don't need to have many followers on twitter, however, to bring readers to your subdomain. For example, if you add #mythology, or #celticthunder or #history to your tweets, it should bring readers following those topics who are not your followers.

In my opinion, and for whats it's worth, the best way to generate traffic is to thoroughly research your keywords and your competition. Organic traffic is paying traffic and if you optimize your hubs so that search engines can find them, you should start to see an increase in traffic. There's lots of information in the learning center about keyword research etc.

Good luck smile

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago