jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Writers Block

1. Carl8033 profile image60
    Carl8033posted 3 years ago

How do you guys deal with writers block, I am new here in hubpages and just after making two posts or rather articles, every time I try to to come up with a new topic I just go blank like oO . Please Share you thoughts and experiences, I would greatly appreciate any help.

1. 0
      Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What kind of stuff do you think about throughout the day?

2. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 3 years ago

I get the opposite problem - too much to write about, not enough time.

1. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

3. 0
    Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago

Write about your interests in life and hobbies.  Or when you are 'people watching' you can come up with some ideas.  I like to write motivational articles to make people smile and help others so maybe someday it will be a better world. 

What ever takes your mind like the wind and your ideas travel through to your fingers, just keep on writing and never stop.

4. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I've done a couple hubs on this topic but what I suggest off the top is to look at what you've written already and see if there is a sub-area that can be expounded upon. Look at subheadings in your hubs and see what you might share more about that would be interesting.
    Also, what was your favorite subject in school? Break it down into smaller subjects and see what you can come up with. What is a pet peeve of yours? Write about it with passion. I hate the way women keep public restrooms so disgusting so I wrote about it. It was very cathartic. smile

5. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

Can I suggest these news aggregators - good way to trigger thought bubbles about your favorite topics.

http://www.wotisnew.com/ (new! with limited topics so far)
    http://www.newsblur.com (you can add your own sources)