jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do I earn money with my Hubs through Google Adsense?

1. christinecc profile image59
    christineccposted 3 years ago

Hi my name is Christine and I have been a member since 2011. Well I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to make some earnings with my hubs. I have 5 now but I haven't made anything except $.01. I'm not sure if I'm setting my hubs up right or are they missing something that will help me earn money. I'm just kind of lost and not sure what to do to increase my earnings through Google AdSense. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice that would help educated me. Thanks!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You'll need a lot more than 5 Hubs to make any money.   You can expect to earn between $2 and $5 per thousand visitors on HubPages, so that gives you some idea how much work you need to do.

As LeanMan says, to get those visitors you need to create well-written, interesting, original Hubs - not just a rehash of what's already published elsewhere.  You need good grammar and spelling.   I think you have some work to do!

2. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 3 years ago

Well I only looked at one hub and that was a complete copy of other pages available elsewhere on the internet which is a complete no-no.. Also the title was not correct, I am sure you mean Banned not Band.....

Delete your copies before you get yourself "Band" from HP and look at what some of the successful authors are doing as well as visiting the learning center for all of the help you might need.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In that context I think you mean "ban" big_smile

3. Anonymous00 profile image78
    Anonymous00posted 3 years ago

Make sure whatever you write about is in your own words first and foremost. Even if the information is available online, it's your style, your wording and your material that counts. From there just keep writing more, make sure your articles are detailed and cover the topic. Keep it original. Then just advertise, promote, and let the views/ratings take care of themselves.

4. erinshelby profile image80
    erinshelbyposted 3 years ago

Hi christinecc,
    The others have made excellent points. It looks like you've done two hubs in two years, so for you, writing more often will be critical if you want to earn money. If you need tips on how to generate topic ideas, you can read my hubs about writing an essay and pushing through writer's block . Good luck!