jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

How about a 'question of the day'?

1. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

HP has an underused Q&A section - why not begin promoting this on the front page by having a 'Queston of the Day' section. It can be used to stimulate new hubs......

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Simon!  We recently retired the Weekly Topic Inspiration because it wasn't used very much and it took resources to manage it.  I have a feeling that the Question of the Day would be similar, but I'll discuss it at our community meeting on Thursday.  I think it is a good idea!  smile

2. krisaclark profile image84
    krisaclarkposted 4 years ago

I think that would be a cool idea! I have been using the Q&A more and more over the past few days myself.

3. peachpurple profile image79
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

yeah, it would be nice to have question of the day at HP. Yahoo has this and many people are keen in blasting their unique questions.

4. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

In Anticipation....
    I have invested the sum of my life savings into buying up the entire stock of 'Question Marks' available at the Bumbletown - NZ mayor trading fair today!!  cool
    Phew.... thanks for the heads up Simon....
    I got such a good deal on over 25,000 Questionable Marks too! 
    Looks like someone tried to smudge out the 'able' part, trying to be greedy...
    but hey, I don't mind because the real dirty questions always get the most interesting answers!  tongue  smile

SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

5. gabgirl12 profile image77
    gabgirl12posted 4 years ago

Hi SimeyC,

It's not much different than having it appear on your profile when you click 'my account'. I always see a question there, and if I'm interested I'll click it. For some reason I actually thought the Question that appeared there was a question of the day.

I;m more interested in it being featured like HOTD for outside visitors...

1. gabgirl12 profile image77
        gabgirl12posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You mean as an advertisement? Sure, if we can get paid for doing it! We are the ones asking and answering. But I don't think we get a cut anymore.

I believe that we get a share of impressions on questions we ask - not sure about the answers. I know I see some clicks on my adsense due to questions...

1. gabgirl12 profile image77
            gabgirl12posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I never get impressions directly on Ad Sense, even though I see my hubpages on their. I thought hub pages earnings program was getting impressions from Ad sense. I am still so lost on how these earnings work.

If you are in HP Ads, then all revenue is recorded in HP and nothing goes through Adsense. However, the Ads on Q&A are Google Adsense only - they currently do not offer HP Ads for Q&A.

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
          SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HP could put their floating related links on the QOTD to help pay for it. We don't get a penny of that.

6. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

Now they're going to have to hire new employees at HP's, come up with a way to pay them a salary which will in turn come out of our checks...  all because of you. Way to go Simey! wink

Well if they offer me the job...... big_smile

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, then you can hook me up. smile

working