jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When looking at stats, when does the "1 day" begin and end?

1. Jennifer Suchey profile image90
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago

When I look at my stats for my hubs, and look at the "1 day" column, is that number always changing as my hubs acquire more views? It seems like it used to, but lately it seems like I only see a difference in that number and the overall "Ever" views the next morning, which is also when I see how much I've earned for the previous day.

But then again, sometimes I swear the number of views is randomly higher by one or two, but then I'm not sure I remembered the previous number correctly. BLEH! So . . . am I crazy or has this changed? And if so, when does the "1 day" begin and end, at midnight? And what time zone? Just curious.

I know for a fact my numbers didn't change all day every time I looked at my iPhone app recently, and the next morning had significantly changed. This didn't used to be the case.

Okay, I'll shut up and await your replies. THANKS!!!

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

It is the previous 24 hours

3. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

My understanding is that it's a continuous 24hr clock, meaning that from column to column, it changes hourly, depending on when you received the views.
    For example, in the "1 day" column I see 10 views. If two of those views posted at 10pm and the other eight came earlier in the day, at 12:01 am I will see only 2 views. In the "7 day " column, if there were 30 views, that now becomes 38. The views move over every 24 hours.

So your views are not decreasing or disappearing. They are just moving over to be eventually counted as "total views ever."

However, hmm it's hard to tell sometimes when stats haven't been updated or are not updated regularly. So don't look at it too hard or your brain may explode. smile Just look forward to updated stats after a few days which will give you an burst of increased views. big_smile

4. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 3 years ago

Hi Jennifer,

To the right of the heading 'Statistics' you'll see some tiny print that says "Includes data from X hours ago and earlier". Sometimes it might be 2 hours ago, but occasionally it might be 14 hours ago or even a matter of minutes.

Your '1 day' stat reflects the number of hits in the 24 hour period preceding the X factor.

Hope this helps.  smile