jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

RESOLVED: Traffic Sources Not Updating

1. BeatsMe profile image81
    BeatsMeposted 3 years ago

Hi, I have noticed that for a few days now, while the traffic stats are updating, our traffic sources are not. Has anyone else noticed this too?

1. Rock_nj profile image88
      Rock_njposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed that the traffic stats are usually way less than the total views.  They are pretty worthless for totals, and only good for getting an idea about where traffic is coming from.  On a side note, the Hub stats counter is broken once again.

1. 0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why are the stats usually less?

1. Rock_nj profile image88
          Rock_njposted 3 years ago in reply to this

For some reason they can't account for where all the traffic is coming from.  That's why it's good as a general measure of where traffic is coming from, but not specifics.  For example, it's clear to me how important Google is since most of the traffic comes from various Googles, but not all of the traffic from these sources is captured, as can be seen by the totals.

2. 95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago

I noticed that mine are also stuck and I also have a negative number as well. Rock NJ is correct, they are a guide of the source of your traffic. Google Analytics is a far better source of stats. I use the HubPages stats as a quick and dirty indication of what is going on and Analytics for a more in depth look at my stats.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I've noticed the weirdness with the traffic stats. I published a new Hub the day before yesterday. It has several hundred views already but if I look at the "traffic sources" tab it comes up blank. So I have all these views but no idea where they're coming from... bizarre.

Oh, and of course, since it's Friday again the traffic stats aren't updating either. Mine now says "last updated 8 hours ago."

Sigh. Just another day in paradise.

*edit: since this was posted, traffic stats seem to have snapped back.

4. BeatsMe profile image81
    BeatsMeposted 3 years ago

Hi guys, thanks for confirming. I thought I was just having a problem with my account. And yes, I guess traffic stats have snapped back and now I'm having a problem with both my traffic sources and traffic stats. Guess I should just check with Analytics. Thanks.

5. faythef profile image73
    faythefposted 3 years ago

mine hasn't updated for 44 hours

1. liesl5858 profile image82
      liesl5858posted 3 years ago in reply to this

So is mine, it seemed stuck since yesterday and also my views dropped without any reasons. I don't mind if it's my hubscore but it's my views which were there already.

1. liesl5858 profile image82
        liesl5858posted 3 years ago in reply to this

oops my stats just updated.

6. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

What is the reason of these frequent stalls?  I have only been here a week and have had this problem at least 3 times.  I don't yet have access to Google Adsense or Analytics, so it is very frustrating to be in the dark in this manner.

7. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

Ok, it seems to be working again.  My number of views went up a great amount.

8. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

If the updated stats are accurate, 'tis relatively not bad traffic for a Saturday at all.

working