jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

The Maps Suck.... I have a suggestion :)

1. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 3 years ago

I've always found the maps visually clunky.  The map part itself isn't an issue, the problem comes once you've got (say) more than 1-2 items on the map.  I sometimes like to put lots of points on a map .... and often have to stop adding items as it hits the max limit of points.

e.g. consider a Hub entitled "10 places to go in XYZ town", along with a handy map to demonstrate where they are. 

All the addresses below take up too much room. 

I propose that there be an additional map formatting option that enables a hub-writer to turn off/omit the address bars under the map and, instead, just make the placemarkers have an onMouseOver event / a ToolTip type of box.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'll second that.  I've had maps with many points on them to the point I had to quit because of the long string of addresses.  Unwanted, unneeded, but causing the reader to scroll way down to get to the next capsule.

Just a rollover would usually be preferable to me.

2. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 3 years ago

This is a great idea.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but I will ask at our next community meeting and let you know!    Have a good night!  smile

3. LCDWriter profile image95
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

I third this suggestions.  It's the reason I stopped using maps.

4. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image71
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 3 years ago

Great idea.  It's the reason I don't use the map.

1. Sue Bailey profile image91
      Sue Baileyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree, it's a good idea.  The maps are not good!

5. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 3 years ago

We talked about the Map Capsule in our meeting on Tuesday and I created a ticket for our engineers.  We all agreed that it would be a great improvement, but we have a lot of other pressing things that they are working on. I don't know how quickly it will happen, but it is in the queue!  smile

6. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 3 years ago

Cheers.  They've been really annoying.  There are a lot of the modules that it'd be good to use ... if only they weren't so annoying smile

I might list a suggestion for the tables too ..... smile