jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Google's new Keyword Planner

1. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 3 years ago

I use the keyword tool probably 4 times a week.  Today I logged on to find the entire tool has changed over to the new Google Keyword Planner which combines the keyword research and adwords traffic tools into one.  It is a little difficult to use at first so if you haven't been there in a while, I suggest you log on as soon as possible to get your bearings. 

Sorry for all those hubbers who painstakingly created awesome Google Keyword tutorials using the old tool.  Those hubs are now permanently outdated so if you have one, you know what you have to do.

1. sabrebIade profile image85
      sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmm...mines still the same.
      Must be a gradual roll out.

1. 0
        Casimiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's not the same URL. If you go to the regular adwords URL and Keyword Tool, you'll see a small message at the top of the box for the Keyword Planner.

2. livewithrichard profile image86
        livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I read that there is going to be a full roll out in July and that select Adword accounts were getting first looks.  I guess I was selected.  I should start reading those Google alerts I receive...

The navigation of the Keyword Planner is different but works like a wizard of sorts.  It's geared more towards advertiser instead of publishers and content marketers. 

The above images are pretty small, but on the landing page you can search for keywords or ad groups or upload keywords to see how they will perform at certain PPC levels.

Searching for keywords, you can select a phrase or a competitors website to see what they are targeting (something that has always been available but under used)

Once you select a phrase, you can then select between ad groups or related keywords.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

livewithrichard, thanks for the heads up. I gave it a shot and it came back with "No ideas were returned for your query". Not an auspicious start... big_smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

http://searchengineland.com/how-to-use- … rds-157123 This gives the info you need on how to use the new version of the tool.  The link did not take, but you can still copy and paste it into the search window.  The big question is this:  Is it any more accurate than the older version?