jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Have not received hubpages verification sms

1. profile image60
    Trishitblogsposted 4 years ago

Hello,
    I have just joined Hubpages and created a hub straight.When I tried to publish it referred me to mobile number verification page.I tried thrice but the still haven't received the sms. Now,I can't publish my hub.There was an option to get a phone call but the option is not there now.Is it a country specific or carrier specific issue?Can anyone help me?
    Thanks in advance.

2. profile image60

Seroiusly I don't get it.:-\I get verification sms from google with no issue.The number I typed is genuine and mine.I surfed web but there's no information.I also  can't find any email to contact Hubpages directly so wrtining in this forum.Can't anybody help?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Some mobile carriers block call and messages from the service we use for verification.
      If you are having problems with SMS, we advise trying voice or using a different phone number.
      I looked at your account and see a successful voice call completed 32 hours ago.
      Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

3. profile image60

Yes, I tried the call feature and I saw on computer that the system placed a call. BUT I did not receive any. As a result I still can not post my hub. I don't know if it is a career related issue or not.No it is NOT RESOLVED.

Your phone is currently verified. Our records indicate we successfully completed a phone verification call 2 days ago to the phone number you provided.
      I see that your login attempt 13 hours ago, however, was not successful due to an incorrect username and/or password.

4. profile image60

Thank you, Matthew for your reply. After your reply,I tried to publish a hub,but it again referred me to phone verification! If my phone is verified,it should not happen.As far as incorrect username and/or password is concerned well we make typos.My phone is not verified,so I can't publish.

Sorry about the confusion.
      You are presented a code via voice or SMS and then need to enter that value later.
      I also see we sent a verification email on 6/21 and the message was not opened.
      Are you able to hear the code when the voice call was placed?
      Can you find the email in your inbox or SPAM folder?

1. profile image60
        Trishitblogsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1.I saw the verification email and clicked the link mentioned in the email to verify and my email was verified I tried to publish a hub.
        2.When I was referred to phone verification,I first clicked thrice to get the SMS and the system said it sent it but never received any.
        3.When I tried the 'call me' the system said it placed a call but I never received any.
        Well, after so many tries,I can only say that the experience is terrible.I don't know if it is a carrier specific/country specific issue or not and I don't care.It should have been more user-friendly.I think leaving Hubpages is the only option left to me.

The records I see still show that the email verification email has not be read.
          I changed a setting for your account.
          Please try to login now.

5. topbestreview profile image60
    topbestreviewposted 2 years ago

I think Hubpages need to do something about this verification, because my account is not verified and it said i should add the code sent to me, and since morning till now, almost thirteen hours later, it's still not verified

Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You account indicates that you entered multiple codes that did not match the one we sent.

If you are having trouble using voice, please try SMS and vice versa.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#phoneverify

If you continue to have problems, please contact us here.
      http://hubpages.com/help-wizard/

6. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Trishitblogs,
    Check your email (other than HP) for notice.

Closed to reply

working