jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Page view for unpublished hubs should not show

1. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Hi I have an unpublished hub which has 22 views - it took a bit to get the capsules in the right order.  This is misleading - and it will show in my analytics a/c too.  Where a hub has never been published (compared to published and then withdrawn) those figures shouldnt show - nor should the hub have a score of anything other than the original score they get 49?

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

What is the hub name?

If it's generic or a popular keyword then people could be hitting the URL to see if there's something there or already gone.

2. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Its not a particularly common keyword and when I try it not logged in I get a hub pages message saying the hub is not available and offering some alternatives with the same keywords - maybe that is what counts -which is a bit of a pain for my stats!

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Every time you view the hub, published or not a pageview is recorded both for the purposes of the hub statistics and for analytics.  You probably viewed it those 22 times while you were working on it.  Those 22 views will help increase the HubScore of the hub coming out of the gate, which is reasonable since they indicate some effort was put into the construction of the hub.

We calculate HubScore for all hubs, published or not so the score will begin to change from the moment it is created.  However, only currently published hubs will affect your overall user HubScore.

Hope that clears things up.

Lissieposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yes it was definitely me fitting the software - so I feel somewhat vindicated for the effort it took to make the hub in question look good! So every time I click on the hub in my stats page to check the detail of the stats does that count too?

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yes, those clicks count too.

There is a way to exclude your own traffic in analytics using the Filter Manager.  It is fairly easy if you have a static ip address.

Lissieposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Which I don't I'm working on that one!

working