Profile Background Behind Hubs

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

I feel that authors would benefit from having their own backgrounds behind their hubs as well as their profiles.  It seems to me that it would help promote their "brand" and people who come to hubpages often through search engines would notice the difference.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'd imagine this is the last thing HubPages wants!   HP wants to present itself as a cohesive magazine, not as a ragtag collection of individual writers. 

When I joined HubPages, we had a large author box at the top of every Hub, with a big profile picture and some links about the writer. Ever since then, HP has been gradually de-emphasising the individual writer - starting with reducing the size of our author box to its current tiny size (and it was originally going to be even smaller before we all objected). 

Our profile is the only place where we can brand ourselves, and even that has changed to make it harder to retain the reader within our sub-domain - they've removed the ability for readers to search within our Hubs,removed the ability for readers to sign up for our RSS feed,and added Hubs by other people to the page.

2. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

As a web designer I disagree.  This would cause a messy, non-uniform appearance and be one more thing the HP staff would have to monitor for appropriateness etc.  Also, there are issues with people using images perhaps that are in violation of the original creators copyright etc.

HP has a nice, clean design across the whole platform and that gives a professional, polished appearance.