jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Setting email alerts

1. 0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I know that I have to make sure the "follow" box is checked in order to get notified when a hubber I follow posts a new hub, someone answers a question, etc. Under my account, I've found where I can set which of those items get sent to my email account so I know something has been added and when I check my email I can see what's going on without having to come to Hubpages. I also see how activity of something I'm following shows up under the "notifications" section at the top of the page (in the black banner). What I'd like to know is what should I choose in the drop down menus for my email settings in order to have the notifications appear in the "notifications" section, but not send me emails?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Things will only appear in notifications after you have dealt with them, you don't actually get new notices there... Which is why so many of us utterly ignore that feature and consider it extremely unhelpful.

For example, comments only show up in notifications after you have approved them.  You will not see new, unapproved comments that require your attention listed.

1. 0
        sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I didn't know that about the notifications.

2. To Start Again profile image85
    To Start Againposted 3 years ago

If you don't want emails about the things you are following, just change the dropdown back to never on the email option. You don't have anywhere to choose what shows up in the notifications tab. It's usually the hubs and questions you follow getting comments. You can also see all of your notifications under my account-following-your notifications and there will often be a page of 'hubtivity' when you first sign in of things hubbers you follow or visit often are doing.