jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Vacation in a Week for a Week

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

I am on vacation for the first week of next month.  I probably won't be able to write or do much here during that time.  Since I am still very new (and will only have been here about two weeks when it starts), will this be a problem or negative impact on my efforts?

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't think so. There are times you need to give your account a break and see how it functions. You have twelve hubs. I would publish a few more before the vacation. Your account should be fine.

1. 0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ok, thanks.  I have one more that's just about finished that I will upload in the next few days.  I will also try to start and finish at least one more.

Oh. I forgot my manners....Welcome to Hubpages! If you need help don't be afraid to ask. smile

1. 0

Thanks.  What does the a stand for on your profile?  I've seen h, but not a before.

In addition to what Livewithrichard said: The green "a" is for the Apprenticeship alumni and the grey "a" is for current participants.

1. 0

Ok.  Right after this, I did notice more a's.  Perhaps I saw them before and just didn't notice them.  Thanks.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 3 years ago

The a is for hubbers that are or have gone through the apprenticeship program, which is temporarily closed to new applicants:  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Appr … ip-Program

Once your hubs become featured, there is no need to monitor them.  I have some hubs I haven't looked at in over a year and they are doing just fine.  You only need to be concerned if your hubs become unfeatured and even then, it can take a week or longer for it to become de-indexed by the SE's.

1. 0

Ok, thanks.  Does that mean that if I get my hub re-featured within a day or so, it won't be de-indexed at all?

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No guarantees on anything, its just that the SE cache does not update immediately after it crawls a site.  It's a safe bet that you will have plenty of time if your hubs become unfeatured during your week away.

1. 0

Ok, thanks.

3. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

I'm going mad. I'm sure there used to be an option where you could tick to suspend notifications while you were on vacation.  Now I can't find it!

Marisa I found it. It's my account >profile>email settings. There is a check box there to pause notifications for vacation.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ah, thanks!

working