HubPages Why SO Greedy???

1. wbfree profile image59
    wbfreeposted 3 years ago

Earlier this week I began seeing this illustration in my AdSense account.
    Only 2 out of 5 stars for ad optimization?! I looked at this in frustration because there is nothing I can do about optimizing ads revenue because HubPages manages the ads layout on this site. Lately, they have been "experimenting" with the ads layout. Sure, I understand HubPages is going to arrange the ads to their best earnings advantage, but why so greedy?

Today I got an "Earnings Warning" and a new illustration when I logged into AdSense.
    What?!!! I earned 97% below forecasted earnings! I have other blogs and sites on this AdSense account but I have not done any major changes to any of them. It is definitely what HubPages is doing! 97%!!! I ask again, HubPages, Why SO greedy?!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

How do you work out that HubPages is greedy?   If the ad layout is not good, then that would be hurting HubPages just as much as you.

However, there's a very good reason the ad layout is not optimised - because Adsense is not the main money earner on HubPages.  The HubPages Ad program makes more money, and therefore the best positions are reserved for those ads.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Wbfree, your account says you've been on HubPages for three years and your profile page shows zero Hubs.  I don't think you have to worry about HubPages being greedy when it comes to the amount of work you have here.