jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

FEATURE REQ: Isolated Hub Goals Bar messaging for pixelated images

1. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 3 years ago

I have gone back to look at some of my older and not so well performing hubs to add additional text and images. I did this a couple of weeks ago and noticed that even though I had added images to the hub they were not shown in the tick boxes for the goals at the top right of the edit screen. I assumed that they would update after I had finished editing and thought nothing of it. However I decided to change something on one today and it still shows no photos for that hub on the goals..
    Videos and text are all ticked but the boxes for pictures are completely blank.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Please upgrade Firefox to the latest stable version, 22.0.
      If you continue to have issues, please provide the URL and/or title for specific Hubs to which you are referring.  We can then look into the issue further.

1. LeanMan profile image81
        LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Upgraded from 21 to 22 but it has not cured the issue..

Still shows zero images for the goals bar..

Example;
        http://leanman.hubpages.com/hub/Camberwick-Green

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78

Thanks for the details.
          I was able to test that Hub and I do, indeed, see that the progress bar is not acknowledging the 2 photo capsules.
          I have forwarded this to our engineering team.
          Thanks for taking the time to report the issue.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78

I heard back from our engineering team and it appears the issue isn't a bug per se.

The progress bar indicates high quality images and only counts photo capsules with non-pixelated image.
          If you address the on-screen size of the images it should address the pixelation as well as satisfy the progress bar.

It appears you are in a rare cases where the image is too pixelated to count as high quality, but not pixelated enough for a warning to show specifically related to pixelation.

I have sent a feature request to our engineering team to implement messaging to address this issue.

working