jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

My first Made-for-Pinterest Pic

1. Maricarmjolo profile image84
    Maricarmjoloposted 4 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8138192_f248.jpg
    Yehey......big_smile I did this using an Android app named Text for Pictures- which I download from Playstore.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

First off, welcome to HubPages!  I appreciate your effort on the image!  smile  Unfortunately, this Hub couldn't be Hub of the Day because all of your images are not legally used and attributed.  I would spend a bit of time in our Learning Center; we have a lot of information that can help our new (and experienced) authors!  smile

A couple other quick notes about your Hub:  you have Amazon products that are not related to your content (I would remove them) and quite a few spacing issues.  I have a feeling you are cutting a pasting from another document.  Make sure that your spacing is correct when you transfer your content over (this is a common mistake).  You also might want to have someone read through your Hubs; I can tell that you have some command of the English written language, but it's not perfect.  Hubs of the Day need to have high grammar scores.  smile  Best of luck to you!  You are off to a good start.  smile

Maricarmjoloposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! big_smile

2. Maricarmjolo profile image84

Hi Robin.. Can you tell me specifically why my images are not legally attributed to? I just wonder because I own those images.. I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

1. Robin profile image
          Robinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Gosh, now I can't remember what I saw.  smile Did you change them or attribute them with your own name?  Your Flickr photo is almost right.  You need to share the license, e.g., Eastlake Times, CC BY, 2.0 via Flickr.  Your link is perfect!  Another very common error we see in new authors is including Amazon or eBay products when they aren't completely relevant.  It's unlikely someone will click on a product unless it's relevant to the content and extremely useful.  I personally believe that links to Amazon devalue your page unless they are helpful to your reader.  When I first started writing, I made this mistake as well.  smile  You are off to a fantastic start!  Did you use a the Topic Template when you created your Hub?  What did you think as a new user?

Yes. Your comment helped me a lot and I changed some.. but still unsure if I still made some mistakes that's why I went back to you for any more suggestions big_smile

2. Maricarmjolo profile image84

Topic Template that time when I wrote this hub, was not yet introduced...

2. zeusspeak profile image81
      zeusspeakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thats a good effort Marica and I do not think I can better Robin's answer, just keep track of all that and make sure your content speaks and allures your readers

2. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 4 years ago

The photo looks good now!  Thanks for taking the time to change them.  smile I still would strongly consider removing the Amazon Capsules.  In fact, your Hub could be moderated because the products are unrelated.  It's up to you, but I think it gives you more clout as a writer when you only include Amazon Capsules when a product is needed, e.g., How to make a beaded necklace and the Amazon Capsules include the products needed to create the necklace.

working