Look what I got for my birthday!

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (44 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 10 years ago

Kayla, my grandpup, had 5 Great Dane babies on my birthday!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8142692_f248.jpg

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey Greatgrandma, happy birthday!

2. NMLady profile image76
      NMLadyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would be thrilled too!  Love dogs and puppies!

3. Hikapo profile image78
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8143521_f248.jpg

4. Krista Schnee profile image71
      Krista Schneeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Congratulations! What a great birthday!

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Habee, here's what to feed them when they get older. big_smile

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/11/84%20Weiner%20Dog.jpg

1. Efficient Admin profile image85
        Efficient Adminposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  They look so cute! Can we see more photos?

2. fpherj48 profile image60
        fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Awwwwwwwwwwww......Ohhhhhhhhh....HOW adorable!!   Blonde Mom, Black babies?  they're so teeney....just as precious as can be.  I would just love to hold one and see it's cute tiny face.  I'm a big SAP for kitties, puppies, bunnies and human babies.....They're such little miracles.....

3. Tonipet profile image82
        Tonipetposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How nice.... so cute puppies. I wish I can have a Great Dane one day... that's when I get a bigger house and yard, lol. It makes me smile just thinking of the fun your home is going to have when you have all them after a year! A wonderful birthday gift you have there from your grandpup, habee.
        Hugs and kisses for a sweet grandmom! Happy Birthday, habee :smile

6. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 10 years ago

Awwww. Congrats, grandma. What a blessed birthday gift . . . . Gifts! smile

7. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 10 years ago

Wow... so cool.  I really want a Great Dane but I live in an apartment and I don't think it would be fair for the dog.  But when I move to the suburbs next year, it's on.  Congrats Habee!!!

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Richard, if you knew how lazy Danes are, you wouldn't say that. A good walk every day and a little play time will keep most Great Danes happy. My 2 are super couch taters!

1. livewithrichard profile image73
          livewithrichardposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL so caught up with the puppies, I forgot to say, Happy Birthday!!!

8. AliciaC profile image93
      AliciaCposted 10 years ago

Congratulations, Habee. The puppies are so cute. How kind of Kayla to produce them on your birthday!

9. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 10 years ago

Congratulations! That is a pretty special present that she delivered to you--enjoy the next few weeks! (If you are going to keep one of the puppies for your family there is a great section on developing superdogs--early environmental stimulation--in Stanley CorenĀ“s book "Why Does My Dog Act That Way?". If you do not have it on your bookshelf go out and find it. Your new birthday present will thank you later!!!

10. profile image0
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years ago

How sweet! I just celebrated my birthday on the 21st. June is the best birthday month. wink Congratulations and happy birthday!

11. hempsuperfood profile image59
      hempsuperfoodposted 10 years ago

Precious! Happy Birthday!!!

12. randomcreative profile image88
      randomcreativeposted 10 years ago

Oh my goodness, that is too precious! Happy birthday!

13. To Start Again profile image69
      To Start Againposted 10 years ago

Aww So sweet smile Happy Birthday! and Congratulations!!

14. MsDora profile image95
      MsDoraposted 10 years ago

Happy Birthday, and enjoy the pups!

15. profile image0
      Joanne M Olivieriposted 10 years ago

Oh wow! That is awesome! Happy Birthday

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How beautiful, Happy Birthday!

16. Angela Blair profile image68
      Angela Blairposted 10 years ago

Happy Birthday, sweet lady -- and congrats on the wonderful grand pups -- what a treat!

17. wetnosedogs profile image60
      wetnosedogsposted 10 years ago

Happy Birthday. That has to be very exciting. Mom and pups are so cute.

18. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago
    19. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 10 years ago

The father is a black Great Dane, and black is genetically dominant over fawn, Kayla's coat color. One pup is MUCH smaller than the other 4, and the vet isn't sure she'll make it. She's nursing, though, so that's a good sign. We're in Southwest FL on vacay with my daughter and her family - Kayla's owners. Kayla was left in the care of the vet. I was ready to head back to GA as soon as we got the call that the pups had been born. I'm prolly keeping a black male and naming him "Shylock." If the runt lives, my son-in-law wants to keep her and name her "Layla." They'll have Layla and Kayla. The sire's owner is getting a female, and another male has already been claimed.

I'll post more pics when I get home.

20. KDeus profile image94
      KDeusposted 10 years ago

Awwww.... puppies! And Great Dane pups, too! Looks like mama is keeping a watchful eye! My Roxy was the runt and no one wanted her - but so thankful we took her. Hoping the little one makes it and nursing is definitely a good sign.

21. nArchuleta profile image74
      nArchuletaposted 10 years ago

Wow, who knew even great Danes puppies were that tiny?! Absolutely adorable. Good luck with having approximately 600 lbs of dogs in a year! Lol -- Happy birthday!

22. profile image0
      SandCastlesposted 10 years ago

How cute!

23. Vacation Trip profile image72
      Vacation Tripposted 10 years ago

Happy Birthday Habee and congratulations.

24. ossmedia profile image58
      ossmediaposted 10 years ago

Happy B"day

25. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 10 years ago

The little runt didn't make it. The vet said the other 4 pups are very strong, however.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear that Holle. May the lil tycke RIP.

2. profile image0
        SandCastlesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry Layla didn't make it.

26. L.L. Woodard profile image68
      L.L. Woodardposted 10 years ago

Happy birthday!

27. wetnosedogs profile image60
      wetnosedogsposted 10 years ago

So sorry to hear about Layla.

28. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 10 years ago

This one's mine - Shylock:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8148079_f248.jpg

29. LCDWriter profile image89
      LCDWriterposted 10 years ago

So sweet!

30. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years ago

What a precious gift !  Happy Birthday, habee.  smile

31. profile image53
      digimotorposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!

32. Toytasting profile image59
      Toytastingposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! This is really sweet.

33. geegee25 profile image61
      geegee25posted 10 years ago

They are really cute!

34. greginatlanta profile image60
      greginatlantaposted 5 years ago

Beautiful pups.  How big will they get?  I have always wanted a Great Dane, but never got one, I have a small shiatsu.

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Five year-old thread hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)