jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Google analytics codes for different hubs - can you use or not?

1. skinbleaching1 profile image76
    skinbleaching1posted 7 years ago

Hi

I have successfully used my analytics code for my first hub, however, I have posted 2 more and when you add it to google, you get another code UA....... etc.

There's only one My Account>Affiliate Settings>Analytics.

Does this mean only one hub can use analytics, or will the one code track all sites?

This is very confusing, I'd really appreciate an answer.

Thankyou

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I hear there are channels you can use where you list your other hubs...not sure how to set them up tho, tongue lol ...I is still sorta new @ all this too. smile

3. skinbleaching1 profile image76

Thankyou.... maybe someone at HP HQ could let us know...

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I don't think you can use Analytics on your individual Hubs, because you need to add the Analytics code and you can't on HP.

You can set up individual channels on Adsense for each Hub which will tell you the number of clicks per Hub - plus you can see your traffic on your Statistics page on HP.

5. skinbleaching1 profile image76

I've got analytics set, but it's tracking one of my hubs. It's in My Account>Affiliate Settings>Analytics. When I added the hub to analytics, it is successfully tracked.... However, as there are different hubs with different addresses, analytics gives you different IDs you paste in, but in HP there's only one provision for one ID..

6. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

That's right, that will track all your Hubs (not each one individually).

7. skinbleaching1 profile image76

So one ID will track ALL hubs? That's good... Is it able to do this as you only have one acct w HP or that you group your hubs together?

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  You only need 1 analytics id.  If you have more than one HubPages account, you can even use the same analytics id on both accounts.  It will aggregate all of your HubPages traffic into one set of reports.

8. skinbleaching1 profile image76

Thankyou...

Can you just tell me, if I have one HP acct with 3 hubs, I use the 1 ID? Can this still differentiate analysis from each of the 3 hubs or not?

working