jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do we have to keep the new topic template format to be published?

1. Stove And Home profile image93
    Stove And Homeposted 3 years ago

The new topic templates look very nice, however I would like to be able to format hubs my own way.

Do we have to keep the prescribed topic templates the way they have been formatted in order to have our hubs published? Or can we still do them free-form?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Stove And Home,

The Topic Templates provide general guidelines on creating an excellent, media-rich Hub, but feel free to move and change the capsules to get your Hubs looking the way you want them.

Stove And Homeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Christy.

2. Carola Finch profile image99
    Carola Finchposted 3 years ago

I have selected the regular article format instead of the template on several articles and have been published.  I think the template is intended to encourage writers to use all the form elements available, and is not laid down by law as a format to use.  To me, l look at laying out an article has part of the creative process, so I like to do it my way.

Stove And Homeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Carola, I just saw what you were talking about. I had not noticed there was a regular article format as an option until you mentioned it. Thanks so much.

3. gavindonst profile image90
    gavindonstposted 3 years ago

Thank you too.  I completely missed that.  Hope you guys have a good day!

4. susi10 profile image94
    susi10posted 3 years ago

Stellar hubs get a lot more traffic then normal ones, one Stellar Hub can be worth ten other ones. Google loves high-quality articles and hubs, so they will rank some of the best on the first page.

5. cprice75 profile image84
    cprice75posted 3 years ago

No. there is still the standard article template that shows up just to the right of the new article template. If you click that you can go back to the old way of doing things. Also, even in the new template, it is easy to just delete modules that are not necessary.

6. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

You can format/layout your hubs in any way that you like. As long as your hubs are of great quality content and are well written and free of many typos or grammar issues, etc. they should be published regardless of what their layout is. Of course you cannot have an amazon capsule at the very top of the hub as the first capsule so stay away from doing that.