jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Is it effective to post your hubs in the forums?

1. ThompsonPen profile image84
    ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago

I was under the impression that we're not really supposed to be promoting our Hubs specifically in the forums - though I could be wrong. However, I have seen many people over the last year asking for help n their Hubs - peer reviews are great and certainly bring the community together.
    I also notice that it's a great and tricky way to get your hub to get views. I asked for some help about one of my hubs which was at first not featured. I wasn't asking about the hub itself so much as understanding the new standards.
    I was amazed at how many wonderful, caring Hubbers went and had a look at my Hub and told me really nice things about it! It kind of made my day a bit - Thank you every one that did that smile
    So, getting to the point, is asking for peer review a more sly way of getting people to check out your hubs?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If so, you will soon find any help drying up completely.

Yes, people offering to help will, of a necessity, read your hub.  They will often leave a comment behind.  You will even earn money from their visits (about 3/10ths of a cent per view).  Take advantage of their kindliness and you will soon find yourself out in the cold.

1. ThompsonPen profile image84
        ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not saying I'm planning on it, I've just been noticing a slew of people asking for help, and receiving a great deal of it. When I asked for clarifications of the feature-helping guidelines, I didn't even link my hub, I just said what my topic was on. Once again, there were a great many Hubbers who were kind enough to seek it out. I hadn't intended for them to do so, they were just very kind enough to do so.

2. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No, ThompsonPenn, unless you're being sly with the intent of getting people to read your hubs, I don't see anything wrong with it. But don't leave your hub link. It's not necessary. If you're asking for specific help, it seems appropriate to refer to the hub without leaving the link. They know how to find the hub if they want to see it. I, too, have been very grateful to hubbers who have helped me with a specific issue by actually looking at the hub. Now if someone does this often, link or no link, I would find their intent suspicious.

2. peachpurple profile image79
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i don't post my hub in forums but i do see those newbies do so. It's okay to help around for newbies. Most hubbers are kind people leaving nice comments.