jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What's the difference between Unique Visitors and New Visitors?

1. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago

I'm having fun exploring my Google Analytics. However, I'm confused about the difference between unique and new visitors. I did a Google search and clicked on a few articles that seemed complicated and I lacked the patience or brain power to comprehend it. Does someone have a simplified "Google Analytics for Dummies" answer?!

1. susi10 profile image94
      susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jennifer,
      Its great to see that you are delving into the many depths of Google Analytics! I am here to (hopefully) answer your question.
      A new visitor is someone who has never visited your site (in this case, your hubs) before.

A unique visitor is someone who has visited your hubs multiple times within a certain period of time. For example, someone might view your hubs twice then leave. They might come back again and view three other hubs. That means you got five views but 1 unique visitor. Hope that helps! smile

1. profile image0
        Jennifer Sucheyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! That didn't hurt my brain at all. wink-

2. Ceres Schwarz profile image19
        Ceres Schwarzposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the clarification on the difference between a unique visitor and a new visitor. I've also been wondering about this.

3. psychicsphone profile image60
        psychicsphoneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think the bounce rate should be more important for a website..

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

susi10: Thanks for answering this. I have been wondering about the difference for quite some time but it never occurred to me to ask.

1. susi10 profile image94
      susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Glad I could help! smile

working