jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Using "recommended" Amazon links

1. 0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I signed up for the Amazon Associates program. I've figured out to create the proper links to one item at a time so I get credit if someone uses the link. At Amazon, I was reading their answers to questions like what is a recommended link. Supposedly, these form a set of links to products related to the keywords on your hub page and the change from time to time. I'm curious ... Has anyone ever used this Amazon feature on their page? If so, how do you use it? Thanks.

2. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

If you want Amazon to create product links based on keywords in your hub you have to input the keyword into the amazon capsule and it will give you products based on that keyword. I think now the item limit per amazon capsule is only two items if you choose to go this route instead of inputting individual products into the capsule.

3. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I have used this feature but I prefer to enter individual items. Of course all you need is for someone to go to amazon using one of your product links and then they can buy whatever they want, regardless if it is the exact product you featured in your hub or not. So, you can opt to have amazon generate products links based on a keyword as opposed to inputting individual item ASINs to create product links.

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So do you get credit if they click on your link, but buy something else?

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  I'd guess that 80% of what I sell (and get a commission for) is not something I put in a link for.

2. 0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

OK, I'm with you so far. If I have, for example, my page about the Pittsburgh Steelers, I'd type "Steelers" into the keyword box. I've done that before just playing around. I've had a list of products appear at the bottom of the Amazon box. What's the next step? How is the link created. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but some things on the net really confuse me.

1. psychicsphone profile image61
        psychicsphoneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Does it can put the exist product links like squidoo? I think the adsense better than the amazon ADs, pay per click more than the products paid for commission, and the amazon commission rate only 4%...

4. PaoloJpm profile image68
    PaoloJpmposted 3 years ago

Well, amazon works through our hubs when someone clicked and order goods using it. In that way, Amazon would give us credits by promoting their products in related to our hubs