July 30 Hubs in 30 Days

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (62 posts)
  1. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    LoisRyan13903posted 10 years ago

I will be attempting this in July and since this is my first attempt we will see how it goes.  Now the question is whether I post my links here as I go.

LoisRyan13903posted 10 years agoin reply to this
    2. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    3. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    4. Diane Woodson profile image61
      Diane Woodsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is a big undertaking that you are attempting! Best of all to you in this. I am just doing about 1 a week right now....anyone doing 30 in so many days is really hot!

Thank you.  Once I get done, I will probably be burned out for a while.  It is like when I did the Nano-where you have to write 50,000 words in the month of November.  I did it but could not pick up a pen in a while.

Also if you look at my hubs, you will see that they are related to each other.  They are from the notes I took during my Breaking Free Bible Study

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image62

I completed this challenge, got my 30 hubs done.  I have links to the hubs listed below.  It is not very well organized, but it will be better with my next challenge.

2. neilcook profile image68
    neilcookposted 10 years ago

Good Luck! That's a tough challenge, but you can do it!

Okay I am set.  The first hub will be coming shortly.  Consider these just rough drafts because I am sure the word counts will be too low for them to be featured.  Once I am done with the challenge I will go back and edit them.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lois, there is no "official" 30 Day Challenge in the sense of a particular starting and end date.

The 30 Day Challenge has always been a personal challenge - no prizes, no closing date, just a personal challenge intended to motivate Hubbers,  HubPages doesn't endorse it any more because too many people were misunderstanding it - which is what you're doing now.

The Challenge is to publish 30 Hubs in 30 days.  I tried it three times before I succeeded, and even then I cheated a bit, because one of my Hubs was a "summary" Hub of the other 29!  That's because you're not supposed to publish the Hubs until they are fit to be published, so it's a big task.

30 rough drafts - that's no challenge!  Anyone could throw that together.  Besides, if you think about it for a moment, it's not a very nice thing to do to HubPages   You are deliberately publishing Hubs which you know will be substandard, forcing HubPages to pay someone to assess that Hub even though you know it will fail (the quality assessors are paid per Hub).

I do hope you'll reconsider.

Personally I don't think what I have published are substandard.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

...but you said yourself, "Consider these just rough drafts because I am sure the word counts will be too low for them to be featured."

I haven't looked at your Hubs but if they are rough drafts, they shouldn't be published.

Maybe I used the wrong term.  Some of my hubs are featured and some are not.  I usually go back to my non featured hubs and try to edit them.

... and maybe I'm not expressing myself well.

Of course, we all publish Hubs which don't pass the QAP now and then, but to publish something knowing it's not long enough to get featured (which is what you said you were doing) - that's a different thing.  It creates unnecessary work and cost for HubPages - and while your few Hubs might not make that much difference, you're trying to encourage others to do it too, so it could be a problem if enough people joined in.

I had a quick look at a couple of your Hubs, and clearly, you have the ability to write well, so don't sell yourself short - take a bit more time, and get them right first time rather than publish them half-baked.

You'll notice a HubPages staff member has already advised you that HubPages doesn't approve of the 30 Hubs challenge any more - I'm not sure if you noticed that post, since she was replying to someone else.

Out of the 63 hubs I have published since Feb 51 of them are featured.  3 are not featured because of engagement and the rest are not featured because of QAP.  As I said I do do back and check them over and fix any mistakes I find.  Of the 8 I have done for this Personal challenge, I think 2 are non featured.  Good quality in my opinion but not HPs opinion.  And the word counts are a lot higher than what I was expecting.  what I meant in the first post were adding images and videos because I thought that would be time consuming, but I found out it was not.

I did read the post if the staff member.  She just said they don't endorse this challenge any more.

Like I said, I'm not questioning your ability to write so I don't see what your previous Hubs have to do with it.

I'm commenting only because YOU said you were intending to publish rough drafts, and I was pointing out that is the wrong thing to do.

if you're now saying you didn't mean that, then there's nothing to discuss.

I never gave it a thought but thank you for your compliment.  I have checked out some of your as well and they are excellent

And I am doing more or less what you did.  My hubs are from chapters of a Bible Study I am doing answering questions that are at  the end of each chapter.  It worked well with my Experiencing God study.  Now if it involved something that required a lot of research, I probably wouldn't be able to do that.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image62

Ignore the above post because I reworded that wrong.  I strive to write featured articles the first time around.  Still trying to find a way to edit that.

3. profile image0
    krushnach80posted 10 years ago

is this an official challenge 30 hubs 30 days?

No it's my own personal one.  I'm not sure when the official one is

If you are interested in doing the challenge also, you can use this forum.  Maybe we can help each other out.

1. reviewstop profile image58
          reviewstopposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think that you will have low quality hubs only. Better if you prepare for your challenge and write your articles in advance

Confession time.  I have these already written out.  They are notes from my current Bible study.  They just have to be polished up a bit to make a decent hub.    I know I will have to edit one or two

Just to clear things up, it is just the first 4.  A lot of it is on my tape recorder I use on the drive to work.  Eventually I am going to get that Dragon software

Wouldn't low quality hubs be unpublished by HP?  Some of my hubs have been mainly because I used water-marked images.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image91
      Christy Kirwanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi krushnach80,

HubPages no longer endorses 30 Hubs in 30 Days challenges because we've changed our focus to high-quality, media-rich Stellar Hubs which often take much more time to complete.

Hubbers are, of course, free to do whatever challenges they like on their own, but as far as officially-endorsed challenges go, you are much more likely to see ones that focus on creating 3-5 Stellar Hubs in 30 days in the future.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  5. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  6. LoisRyan13903 profile image62

I am a little ahead because I am off work and am able to complete more than one hub a day

Hub #8 http://loisryan13903.hubpages.com/hub/B … s-Presence

7. profile image51
    moondebiposted 10 years ago

It is really not possible to contribute more hubs with time constraint..

Interesting.  I published two hubs today.  At one time I posted 4 articles a day for another site-when I didn't work.  But it would take me all day.  Yes when I work it will be hard because I work 8-12 hours a day with a commute that take an hour and half each way.

Interesting I published two hubs today.  When I wrote for another site I used  to average 4 articles a day-when it was my day off-but it would take me all day.  When I am working it is hard because I work-8-12 hours plus I commute 75 miles each way.  But it all depends whether you know what you are going to write about.

Sorry I though the first post did not go through

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image62

BTW Welcome to Hub Pages.  I can't wait to read some of your hubs.

8. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  9. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  10. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  11. ECO-logic profile image60
    ECO-logicposted 10 years ago

I joined in 6 July and I am aiming for the 30 posts July, I will make the number ten today, so i think i am on the good path. I write about energy efficiency, i just hope to don't run out of topics.

That's a good start and if you run out of ideas, you can come up with different topics.  Since this is a personal challenge, not endorsed by HP, you can use Aug 6 as your deadline date.

12. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  13. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  14. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  15. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  16. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  17. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  18. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  19. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  20. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  21. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    1. susi10 profile image96
      susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well done, you are doing very well, LoisRyan! Keep up the good work! smile

Thank you very much

22. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  23. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
  24. LoisRyan13903 profile image62

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)