Google Ads:

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Garlic Angel profile image73
    Garlic Angelposted 10 years ago

Hi
    I have been going through my hubs and I have noticed that I only have Google ads at the end of a lot of my hubs. The Google Ad that is normally in the second capsule to the right only appears on a few of my hubs. How can I earn money if I have no ads ?  :-(

Garlic Angel

1. janderson99 profile image53
      janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

HP has decided to pull one ad off all new hubs as a new incentive. It is a 4 month trial. No announcement because its temporary!

see http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/114099

Garlic Angelposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That you janderson99 for that information. I have read the comments and it does not seem to make sense to me. "We are pulling your ads but it will not make a difference to your earnings"  !! 
        Sorry am I missing something here !!  How can we earn money if we have no ads !!
        A disheartened  Garlic Angel :-(

2. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My Adsense is still pending but they say adsense is too slow in earning.

2. profile image52
    premprakashguptaposted 10 years ago

My hubs have got more than 3500 page views but no money from Adsense. Don't know how to increase Adsense earning.

That is a lot of views with no earnings premprakashgupto. I am a little disheartened after reading about the new 'no ads' test. Not sure if it's worth the effort of writing now. As much as I enjoy writing and sharing on HubPages its also important to have the potential to earn a few shillings.
      Garlic Angel :-(

3. younghopes profile image68
    younghopesposted 10 years ago

Even i am witnessing the same problem, and really dont know what to do,

I am not sure if it is the correct thing to do younghopes but I have rearranged my Amazon ads in the hope I will maybe earn a little from them. Up to now I have not made any money from Amazon. Maybe I am doing things all wrong ? I will just have to keep trying new things and follow advice from more experienced hubbers.
      Garlic Angel

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Garlic Angel, Information hubs rarely earn money from Amazon. I've had a little more luck with eBay ads. Some people say they don't earn from those though. The Hubpage Earnings Program earns me the most money.

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Hey, folks. I just checked my latest published hub. Critter made it to 110 views. Sure enough, the 250X250 ad is back, as promised. The not showing the ad for the first 100 views is not a big deal, imho. As far as I'm concerned, all is well. smile

That's good paradigmsearch I am delighted your ad is back.
      Hopefully when I get more views I will get more Google ads on my hubs. As much as I enjoy writing and sharing I also wish to make some extra money. Google do not make it easy for us.
      Garlic Angel

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think HP is smart to entice Google with fewer ads at the start. Most of the first 100 will be internal, zero-earning anyway.

I have noticed some of the Google ads have in the last few hours appeared back on my hubs. I have been making changes trying to improve the quality of my hubs. Page views have gone up slightly so Google have 'come back'.
          I need to focus on increasing my traffic which in turn will hopefully increase my earnings.
          Thank you for your input paradigmsearch. I have been looking through your hubs. You are an excellent writer. 634 followers and following none. Good achievement paradigmsearch. You now have one more follower :-)
          Garlic Angel

2. janderson99 profile image53

@para My prediction, based on email reply from HP, is that the new future layout for the entire site (something old, something new and something blue) will not have the 250x250 ad. It's a cleaner layout, but delivers less income to authors.  Going, Going, Gone! Ho hum what a bum!

Ya lost me. Who cares about first 100?

Edit: I should have made this general broadcast, as opposed to a person.

It will be applied to ALL hubs, first 100,000,000,000.

Play time. What will?

The layout without the 250x250 ad top right, as applied during the recent experient, will be extended to all hubs.

2. HollieT profile image80
              HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey, PDS, are you not following me? Scoundrel!

I am indeed a rascal.big_smile

I may or may not reinitiate follows sometime in the future.smile

5. the clean life profile image71
    the clean lifeposted 10 years ago

Is there a way to get my ads to match my content. I write mainly on addiction and all my ads are about Joss & Main , or jewelry and many ads that don't relate to my content. What should I do?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There is no mechanism to select specific ads.
      The ads you see are not necessarily the ones another reader would see.
      Ads are usually affected by cookies on your computer related to sites you have visited.
      If you clear your browser cookies you will probably notice a change in your ads.

1. the clean life profile image71
        the clean lifeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Matthew Thank you so much for getting back to me and for your answer too. Much appreciated! I am going to clear cookies now.
        Mark

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)