jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

How to check if featured posts are scanned by good search engines

1. Elsy Chapmon profile image61
    Elsy Chapmonposted 3 years ago

I have published my articles, all are featured,
    But none of them can be found through search engines.

I wonder is featured hubs auto send to Googlee?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They don't need to be 'sent'.    Google will find them all by itself.  The big question is whether Google will like them enough to include them in search engine results - and that decision is up to Google.

1. Elsy Chapmon profile image61
        Elsy Chapmonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see, I thought we/ hubpages can somehow 'add' the featured hubs to google... seems I'm wrong

1. susi10 profile image94
          susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, you need a Google Webmaster Tools account so Google can crawl your hubs faster. Without a Webmaster Tools account, it could take weeks or months before they crawl it.

Once you have your account, you can submit URLs to Google.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Personally I think it's debatable how much difference it makes.   It may speed things up by a few days, but in the scheme of things that's pretty irrelevant.

1. Bendo13 profile image84
              Bendo13posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It works well for all of MY sites, but not for HubPages articles, because the subdomain linking structure is flawed and Google indexes the wrong URL.

All my WordPress sites have a sitemap plugin that I use and then I resubmit the sitemap any time I upload a new blog.  Afterwhich the blog is indexed quite quickly.

HubPages, on the other hand, doesn't work so smoothly.  Google has only indexed 5 out of my 400+ hubs correctly.  And by correctly I mean linking to the actual article URL on MY subdomain, not just hubpages.com. And days later, after manually submitting my HubPages sitemap, not a single new page has been indexed correctly. 

Someone else told me this was an issue and it's no wonder the site keeps sinking.  But Google doesn't see it as a problem and that's enough for those in charge at HubPages to say there's nothing they can do.  I do hope that they are working on correcting these subdomain issues though.

Yes, I have had a few of my hubs with the 'hubpages.com' domain and not my own subdomain. I had to manually enter the URL to Google, and eventually the problem got solved.

1. drpennypincher profile image95
                  drpennypincherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

susi10- thanks for the information.  I had submitted a few of my hubs manually in Google Webmaster Tools- now I am going through and submitting all of them.  Seems like it can't hurt and may help.

2. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can check if your hubs are indexed by google in the following ways:

Type this into google search:

site:elsychapmon.hubpages.com

and this

site:hubpages.com elsy chapmon

3. denden mangubat profile image70
      denden mangubatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

dont worry it will be indexes by google.you must also post your hubpage articles to other websites like folkd,bloggeries and other blog directories.making backlinks is a good way but dont overdo it,google might see it cheating

2. ossmedia profile image60
    ossmediaposted 3 years ago

Well you don't need to  sent hub too google to get it indexed but if your  hub is featured then have patience google will automatically index your hub.

3. ossmedia profile image60
    ossmediaposted 3 years ago

Well you don't need to  sent hub too google to get it indexed but if your  hub is featured then have patience google will automatically index your hub.

Why wait when you can make a Webmaster Tools Account and get your hubs indexed in a day or two?

4. jemuelO profile image84
    jemuelOposted 3 years ago

As what I have noticed, my hubs are indexed by google 2 to 3 days after being featured. I usually submit my hub's URL to Google (I just can't wait to see how my hub ranks in the search results)...and after waiting for few hours, my hub will be seen in the search results. Google will immediately include your hub in their listings when you ask them to. Just like ossmedia said, you can always wait for Google to index your hub naturally, just have patience though.

5. Writer Fox profile image76
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Once you have 5 – 10 Hubs, the process should be quicker.  When I publish a new Hub it takes 2 1/2 – 3 hours to be featured and maybe another hour to show on my subdomain Profile page, the Topic page and on search engines.

HubPages submits a new site map to search engines once an hour and that site map will have all of the new entries on Topic pages.  (There is a problem here, however, because Google will not crawl more than 100 links on a webpage and HubPages puts far more than that on Topic pages.)

1. ossmedia profile image60
      ossmediaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well appreciate your response @Writerfox   Would be you please get back to me way how you can say that "HubPages submits a new site map to search engines once an hour and that site map will have all of the new entries on Topic pages."

6. W1totalk profile image81
    W1totalkposted 3 years ago

A Webmaster Tools Account? oooooooo

working