jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon links show Hubpages not my Amazon Affiliate ID

1. knutterbutter profile image72
    knutterbutterposted 3 years ago

I'm new to hubpages and was wondering what is going on my amazon id on hubpages. I noticed that the clicks on amazon dropped so I checked the links to amazon.

What I noticed is that one hub uses my amazon ID, but the other 2 hubs show hubpages-20, which is the reason why the clicks aren't registering on amazon.

What's wrong with what I'm doing? Or is this normal?

For the configuration, I entered my amazon ID on External Affiliate Settings part of the Earnings screen. I didn't set anything else because I don't really know what they mean.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages displays their own IDs for 40% of views.

2. knutterbutter profile image72

Sorry I don't fully understand. Does that mean that for 10 amazon links for example that you put they get 4 of the links and you get the other 6 links?

Or is it you'll split the total sales, Hubpages getting 40% and we get 60%?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When you insert your affiliate ID in the earnings section, it will automatically insert your IDs for a percentage of views.

So if you refresh your page 10 times, 4 times all the adverts and Amazon capsules and eBay etc, will display THEIR advertising IDs. For the other 6 views, all YOUR advertising IDs will show.

So in 6/10 views, you earn 100% of the money.

That's an average though - you can refresh and see your ID 8 times a row, or theirs 5 times in a row.

3. knutterbutter profile image72

Thanks for the explanation WryLilt. That's as clear as it gets.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

With one small clarification, WryLilt is correct.  You do not receive exactly 6 out of every 10 views; you receive credit for approximately 60% of the views.  With small numbers of traffic, your percentage can vary widely; as traffic increases it comes closer and closer to 60%.  Who gets credit for a specific viewer is based on an algorithm that assigns it randomly except that you get about 60% of the views.

Practically, what it means is that you cannot count 10 views and expect to see 6 of them carry your code.  Rather, count 1,000 views and expect to see your code between 550 and 650 times; between 55 and 65% of the time.  Count 100,000 views and the percentage will be even closer.

4. hmihajlo profile image60
    hmihajloposted 3 years ago

Yesterday I tried to open account at Amazon Associates and i get  a ID.
    Today on my mail I got a this mail from Amazon:

As of June 1, 2013 we will only be able to approve Facebook.com “Fan Pages” and/or “Verified” Twitter.com pages in the Associates program. All other social network sites are not eligible to add Associate links, or for use to create an Associates Account.

Unfortunately, because of this we will not be able to accept your application, your Associates account has been rejected.

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.com Associates.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I think you should start a new thread about his, it is a different issue.