jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

My adsense earnings decreased from yesterday? What's the deal?

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image80
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago

Yesterday I had more of a pay from adsense then I do today. Instead of increasing they decreased my pay amount, is this because one of my hubs need to be revised? What's the deal with this, any help and knowledge is appreciated, thanks!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is not abnormal for earnings to differ from day to day.

Be aware that the "day" period displayed is a rolling 24 hour period and not the current day (not Tuesday, but the last 24 hours).
      If there is specific figure or number, let us know and we can look into it further.

PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes it wasn't about the earnings being different each day, I know that will fluctuate but it was that my overall  "total" was higher and all of a sudden the next day I still earned a new day amount but  my total was less from the day before so I was like huh... Thank you though

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
          paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That would perturb me, too. smile

I found this on AdSense, re: "Your account balance, which includes unpaid earnings. Please note that your payable balance can change over the month if any credit or debit adjustments are applied to your account."

The debit thing is usually the reversing of an ad click that Google feels ambiguous about for whatever reason. It does not have anything to do with you or your hubs, etc. It's just google being extra cautious about the advertiser getting full value for their clicks. Example: someone clicks and then immediately backs out; Google would probably perceive that as an acknowledged mistake by the user, and reverse the debit that was taken from the advertiser's account.

Hmm, they have that kind of information!? Interesting haha, thanks for the info

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I found the same issue with my adsense earnings. I had an average of 50 to 60 cents a day and few weeks ago it jumped to an average of 1.00 a day, a few days was over 2.00. The earnings from yesterday was 38 cents -- the lowest I have had in several months! I have no idea why this has happened.

ooh it could be from view's, mine wasn't so much of a difference in what the pay was each day it was my "total" amount that I had, I had a higher totall from all the day's then I still gained from the next day but all of a sudden I had a less totall then I did the day before lol. That was weird.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7872241_f520.jpg
    smile

1. HollieT profile image90
      HollieTposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We are all doomed, doomed I say!

3. PoeticPhilosophy profile image80
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 3 years ago

loool, ok thanks guys

1. HollieT profile image90
      HollieTposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was only kidding, like PDS says, it fluctuates-but there are good times too, when the CPM rises, sometimes quite unexpectedly, so to do your earnings. It's not all bad. smile

working