jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is there a limit to the number of rows in a table?

1. TDowling profile image90
    TDowlingposted 3 years ago

I created a table with 19 rows in the Table Capsule. (I typed or pasted the data in each each row and column.) I pressed the Save button in the capsule when I was done. When it appeared in my Hub it only had 9 rows! Is this another Firefox related technical problem like the one that is preventing me from uploading images using my favorite browser?

BTW, I have the latest version of Firefox and Flash on my laptop and I cleared my cache. 

-TD

1. WalterPoon profile image91
      WalterPoonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

TDowling, I've more confidence in Google Chrome lately. Firefox used to have problems and now, Safari is worse than crap.

2. janderson99 profile image86
      janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The limit is 99 rows. If you go over 100 you get an error message when you try to load it. The are various errors with the CSV file which can truncate the loading. Try copying loading the data into word as a table, and then copying and pasting it back into EXCEL - this will often clear the bugs an and make HP happy.

2. TDowling profile image90
    TDowlingposted 3 years ago

WalterPoon:

After I ran into this problem, I switched to Chrome. I added a 10th and 11th row in the Table Capsule using Chrome. The same thing happened after pressing "Save." My Hub only displayed the first 9 rows.

If that's the limitation of tables, the HubPages folks ought to inform us of that fact. I can edit. I don't want to spend my time creating something that can't be seen. And learn about the table limitation this way. -TD

1. WalterPoon profile image91
      WalterPoonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

TDowling, if it is a limitation set by HubPages, then I must agree with you.

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

One of my hubs has tables with more than 9 rows...

All I can think of is the old standby of deleting browser cache and rebooting. sad

working