jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Question about switching to a new username

1. 61
    fvshubschposted 3 years ago

I am extremely new here and read as I was signing up it was suggested to use your name.  I really didn't like the idea of doing that but ended up doing so. I should have looked around more and then I would have seen that many were much smarter and didn't do that, but use modified usernames, which I should have done..

My question is.. I know I can just sign up for a new account, new name, new email, whatever... However I just published my first Hub (actually it's pending). I wondered if there is a way that I can copy that article to my new account I would create, or is that not possible?

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 3 years ago

Since your hub hasn't been published yet, there is no way that a search engine has indexed it.  Go ahead and delete the hub before it gets featured and then republish it under your new account.

To be frank, publishing under your real name IS the better option if you are serious about building a writing portfolio.  It helps you build a reputation and if you are ashamed of publishing anything under your own name then you probably shouldn't publish it at all.

When I started here, there were no tips on selecting a user name, so I just went with one I had been using on other sites.  I regret not using my full name now, however, my real name is on most of my hubs and also in my profile.

1. 61
      fvshubschposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your help. What you say makes sense. However, I should point out that it is not a question of embarrassment regarding content material. I am simply a very private person and am cautious by nature.
      However, I will take what you say into consideration.
      Thanks again.

1. susi10 profile image92
        susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Try shortening down your name or adding your nickname. For example, my name is Susan but I shortened it down to Susi. You don't have to have your FULL name, but a part of it.