jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

KNOWN ISSUE: Amazon closing Minnesota accounts

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 3 years ago

This account is closed and will not generate referrals. Access to this site is for historical purposes only.

Has anyone else gotten this when checking Amazon Associates page???? I have emailed them with no response. What has happened now.....

1. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Try looking through the Amazon Associates Forum:
      http://forums.prospero.com/am-associhelp

2. KenDeanAgudo profile image74
      KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes I have also received that the other day around when my amazon account was just approved. I hate them!

2. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Are you from a state that Amazon no longer works with: Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, or Rhode Island

1. KenDeanAgudo profile image74
      KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am from Philippines.

3. profile image0
    DigbyAdamsposted 3 years ago

While you won't be able to use Amazon on HubPages, there are options.

You can go to Wizzley and sign up for viglink through them. Then you allow Viglink to convert your Amazon links. to Viglinks. You're paid through the Viglink program. There are 30,000 other affiliate programs available to you through VL.

You can also sign up for an individual Viglink account and use it on your own website. There are alternatives and they are very good ones. I have almost 200 Wizzles and they're getting good traffic.

If you're willing to be flexible and try new things, you'll be okay. If you insist on staying here and beating a dead horse, you'll lose ways to monetize your work.

4. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Viglinks just announced that they will be finding alternatives for amazon for links in webistes by users from ineligible states.

Skimlinks will still serve Amazon, but not for long IMHO.

1. profile image0
      DigbyAdamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Where did you read that, I'd like to go take a look? Off to their website now.

Wow, they've just recently changed their TOS. I looked at it just a few weeks ago. Well that' strategy is down the drain for Amazon.

However you can focus on stores such as Wal-Mart and Target that are located in those states, because they already have a nexus and charge state sales tax. With Viglink, you don't have to belong to separate programs - and many of these programs are hard to get accepted in. Wizzley is still an alternative for writing.

5. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 3 years ago

Thank you for your responses. I finally got a response from Amazon as well:
    We closed your accounts on June 30, 2013 due to an unconstitutional tax legislation in Minnesota.

We share your concerns about the Minnesota legislation and we appreciate your position as a former Associate in that state. Because of this unconstitutional legislation, we closed the accounts of all Minnesota -based Associates.

While we oppose this unconstitutional state legislation, we strongly support the federal Marketplace Fairness Act now pending before Congress, which would create a simplified, constitutional framework to resolve interstate sales tax issues and would allow us to re-open our Associates program to Minnesota residents. 
    We thank you for being part of the Amazon Associates Program, and we look forward to re-opening our program when Congress passes the Marketplace Fairness Act.

Sucks...I had a balance to be paid on that account too.....

1. psycheskinner profile image79
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The balance was probably paid, have you checked?

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
        PaulaHenry1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

yes...not paid. will contact Amazon again....

It should have been, make sure your bank account info is up to date.

6. mpropp profile image86
    mproppposted 3 years ago

Wow, I just read this forum and because I'm from Minnesota I checked and they closed my account as well (balance unpaid). I only had like 20 cents, so I didn't  affect me much...BUT, my question is this. Should I go through my hubs and remove any amazon links? Am I just doing free advertising for them right now?

Yes you are giving them free referrals.

working