Geek Foods - Something to Crow About? - Search Ranking Factors 2013

1. janderson99 profile image87
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

see … oogle-usa/

Changes in On-Page Coding Factors

"The study found that not meeting specific on-page criteria has significant negative impact on rankings. In addition, Google now discounts the “keyword in the domain” factor, and instead puts more weight on having keywords in the page title and description, and the mere presence of a description, H1 and H2 on each page. Other factors that have increased in importance are the speed at which pages load and the relevance of the page content to keyword searches."

Changes in On-Page Content Factors (note: loading speed appears to counter these aspects)

"A finding that was not surprising was that quality content continues to become a more prominent factor in rankings. The study found that the majority of high-ranking URLs have a large amount of text and multimedia content. In addition, having a good internal link structure is becoming a more important factor."

1. tirelesstraveler profile image86
      tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great information. Thanks.  With time scarce these days every bit of efficiency is vital.

2. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 3 years ago

Weird... I'm getting a notice as I reply to this post that states:
    This Forum Thread is Inactive

No one has posted in this forum thread for over two months. Please DO NOT reply to this thread UNLESS you have truly new information to add to this conversation. Consider creating a new forum thread instead.

Even though it is only 18 minutes old...

Anyway, there is no explanation as to why Amazon, eBay, or any of the Answer sites out rank well developed, media rich, fast loading content, considering that the above mentioned sites return mostly thin content pages.  Amazon, I can almost see since a lot of their content has video as well as user reviews, but the Answer sites and eBay?