How can I better identify the type of traffic I am getting?

1. jabelufiroz profile image77
    jabelufirozposted 3 years ago

How can I better identify the type of traffic I am getting to my hubs?

Yes, I see google analytics and stat press data, but how can I learn more about readers to distinguish better who I am attracting. I am concerned that those who comment get more attention and focus from me, though silent traffic may be more our target.

1. hubsy profile image93
      hubsyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, as you said, it is easy to tell what kind of traffic you are getting through the comments, but you're right, a large majority of the readers remain silent.
      You said that you have seen the Google Analytics data, but I'm not sure which you're referring to, if you mean where you see how people got to your page, then I'd say that's your best bet. For example, I see that for many of my hubs, the most traffic they get is from search engines, so I know that I really need to work on my tags to get more.Other than these two ways, I'm not sure there is a better way.
      Hope this helps,

2. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 3 years ago

Are you digging down to the keyword data in Google analytics? Maddeningly, it doesn't give you all the search phrases bringing people to your content, but it does give some. I often learn a fair amount about the kind of readers I tend to attract and what they're looking for by checking their search queries.

I think of those queries as the questions that the shy kids in the back of the class are afraid to ask. If they're good questions, I'll review my page to make sure the answer is there. (Of course, most search queries are not phrased as questions, but they show you what topic or thing the searcher is seeking.)