jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

How many Hubs do you have "in the works"

1. directorslounge profile image84
    directorsloungeposted 3 years ago

I noticed today that my laptop's folder of "future hubs" had quite a few document files in it.

Usually, when I get an idea for writing an article of any kind, it goes into my phone on a "list" app.  I eventually transfer the good ones into a word document on my laptop.  These topics are fully outlined and some have part or most of it written out, but not quite finished.

I currently have 52 Hubs "in the works" (which seems like a lot to me).  How many do you have?

1. toptendeals profile image86
      toptendealsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have four in the works.  I try to complete them before they will get out of hand.  But I'm still new to hubbing so I'd probably have more otherwise.

directorsloungeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I understand the feeling.  If I don't feel the full inspiration for the topic, I put it aside and wait until it comes to me.  Thus the 52 unfinished works.

2. myefforts profile image86
      myeffortsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I got three at the moment and trying hard to get some time to complete them.

3. Laura Schneider profile image93
      Laura Schneiderposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I probably have 20-30 that are well along the way, plus another few dozen one-liner ideas for hubs to write, most with at least a sentence or two of notes about them and a source or three for research purposes. I almost always complete each piece--the only few I drop are the non-HubPages-appropriate ones that I know will get "unfeatured" or garner no interest or money.

2. To Start Again profile image85
    To Start Againposted 3 years ago

Nine at the moment which is a little more than normal. I think I probably have four or five on average.

3. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

I probably have four or five along with more ideas written down.  I don't have much time for hub writing though...

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image71
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

I have about 35 in the works-which should be completed this month or next.  Plus in the near future, for a project I am considering, it will be about 18-20 hubs about 3-5000 words each.

5. divineadriano profile image75
    divineadrianoposted 3 years ago

I have two. i'm feeling lazy in finishing it.

6. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Wow, aren't you the prolific one. You also sound very organized. That's great planning, directorslounge. I currently have zero ("0") in the oven but ideas float around in my head all the time. I have a file full of poetry I use for poetry hubs if I don't write a fresh one. I do keep a title list of ideas in my phone I can add to when I think of something. I usually do one hub at a time; I complete one before I go to the next.

I wish I had your discipline.  I would probably get more done if I just focused on one before moving on.  If I don't get all the thoughts and words out when I think of them, I will forget everything within a short amount of time.

7. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 3 years ago

I usually have one at a time on edit mode, but I do have lots in my to "write" list.

8. Polly C profile image87
    Polly Cposted 3 years ago

I have ten hubs that I have started and abandoned - basically, just written the title and maybe a few lines.  However, I will probably never complete them.  Sometimes I let one or two sit for a little while then go back when the mood strikes me, but if I leave them for too long (weeks or months for some of mine) then I usually never go back. The moment and enthusiam has gone!

That is exactly what I do with mine!  Some sit for too long and I wonder if the inspiration for that topic will ever "hit" me again.

9. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Including my other accounts + my own websites... 150 maybe?

Wow, I don't feel so bad for my 52 now...  I like to think of it as staying busy and having plenty of options to revert to later on, and finish writing on them.

10. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago

I find it easy to stay organised.

11. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 3 years ago

I have about 40 in the works, the majority of them are titles and summaries, so if I ever get a little writers block, I start writing on whatever hub title suits my fancy. Right now, I have 2 to 3 hubs that are at the- halfway point. I have plenty of plans for the future! smile